Mobile SIMs for UK visitors

Hi all. Anyone tried using the TMobile e-sim around the parks? Seems like a great way not to have to either buy a separate phone or swap over your UK based sim.

I’ve never even heard of it.

I’ve had a look at it now and it looks like a pretty good idea. How many GB would I need just to use it for G+ etc if I happen to be on a bus with no wifi at 7am? I’m assuming the lowest plan would be enough.

I just bought a three pay as you go sim!
will get £15 datapack at start of my travel month which gives 30GB of data for a month and unlimited minutes.

30GB

Was 25GB

Unlimited minutes
Unlimited texts
No contract
£15

To unlock your UK allowance in Go Roam in Europe, there’s a £2 daily roaming charge. When you Go Roam Around the World, it’s £5.* The daily roaming charge is triggered as soon as you use any of your plan’s allowances in a Go Roam destination and lasts for 24 hours. If you’re on Pay As You Go, or your Pay Monthly plan started before 1 October 2021, these charges won’t apply.

I use Airalo eSIM with no issue. It connects to AT&T or T-Mobile.

1 Like

Almost three times the cost of Three, and no minutes or text is their any upside?
with an esim put in phone I assume you still get calls to your original physical sim too?

I don’t want to change my actual sim, but I did realise when I checked that I don’t have to pay the £5 a day (I’m on 3) because my plan started in July 2021, so I’ll just use my own data. I need to check for DS, he’s on Virgin mobile. It’s only for when we’re on a bus at booking time.

be very careful!
I also had Three starting way back but they have been swapping out contracts on the sly… they send a text about an offer and in the T&C it states it will be a new contract starting from X date which is after these changes.
Lots of people dumping three because of this underhand tactic.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/01/three-customers-are-being-forced-onto-new-t-c-s-meaning-they-ll-/

I’ve not had any contact from them at all since my last contract ended and I upgraded my phone.

Hopefully you will be fine are you on rolling or 12 month or 24 month?

If your on 24+ your guaranteed to be fine, if your on 12 month keep an eye out during July as they will force you to switch!

I thought it was 36 months but might be 24. Definitely not 12.

1 Like