Mobile ordering is AWESOME

We have only been here one day and I can’t say enough how AWESOME mobile ordering is!!!

6 Likes

Glad you are enjoying this. We used this for almost all of our quick service restaurants for our 2018 trip, LOVED IT! Was shocked how many people did not use, even some I know who go a lot, had never used…I am expecting this to gain in popularity and I am wondering how this will effect the amazing experience we had with it last time.

1 Like

Yes! I love it too! We only ran into trouble when we tried to customize a sandwich to remove toppings. They took forever to make that order even though there was almost no one in line. YMMV!

1 Like

Glad it’s working well for you. We have great experiences with it along with some really frustrating experiences.

1 Like

The couple of times I used it on my last trip was great! (We rarely, if ever, do QS).

1 Like

Nothing feels better than walking straight into the restaurant, walking past all the people in queue still waiting to order food, and immediately getting my meal.

2 Likes

Completely agree, I can’t see why anyone would not use it. I even used it just to grab some guacamole at Pecos Bill the day after they removed it from the fixings bar. Placed my order before grabbing the other fixings I wanted, and picked up the guac on the way back to the table. :rofl:

2 Likes

Agree! It’s so less stressful than trying to figure out what to eat in the middle of a hoard of people.

2 Likes

I’m curious, because in our previous trips, the QS lines were not really that bad. Generally, we had waits of maybe 4-5 minutes, as I recall. (There may have been exceptions.) But it has been a while. Are lines worse now? (Comparing to crowds typical of September/October.)

We likely won’t be able to take advantage of the mobile ordering too much because we plan to finance much of our eating using Disney gift cards, so I’m curious to know how the QS lines are these days.

The lines have seemed rather long to me, but I’m not an expert by any means. They might actually move fast.

Yesterday I even used mobile ordering for a Dole Whip! Today at hollywood studios it was packed and lines were LONG! Mobile ordering worked perfect again!

And fast passes seem to be extra fast! It feels much faster than 2 years ago.

1 Like

We’ve never seen long lines at QS either. But I do try to go at off times if possible.

1 Like

Going to the World next week. How does mobile ordering work when having 2 separate rooms booked with the QS DDP? I know the meal credit allotments are separate for each room, so how would I mobile order for the whole party? Would someone staying in the other room than me need their own MDE and make their own transaction or does MDE let me specify how many of each room’s credits to use when mobile ordering? What’s the most convenient way for me to navigate this? First time using MO and also first time having multiple rooms, so a bit unsure.

1 Like

I think it all depends what time of day. If you avoid the lunch rush, the lines aren’t bad. Mobile order is really nice because you can let your kids look at the menu while waiting for a ride instead of trying to look at the menu and figure out everyone’s orders once you get there.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome. On our last trip, we only used it as HS… I don’t even know/remember why.

1 Like

How do people handle it with kids/large group? Just sort of ask them as you are waiting in line for a ride?

Can you not use gift cards this way? We too will have a lot of gift cards…

1 Like

Yes, that’s how I do it. With a big enough group you might want to split up the ordering. Anybody with the MDE app can order food.

Correct, no gift cards with mobile order.

1 Like

Dole whip was actually my first mobile order… Got to MK just before parade on arrival day. Mobile ordered… Went and found the place… LONG Line…look around, notice that mobile is all the way around on the other end… Walked right past a wall of people right to the counter and picked up my refreshing treat… Right back to family waiting for parade as I walked back by everyone still waiting… Many on their Phones! Amazed how easy yet how many don’t use.

1 Like

It just goes to your credit card on file? Or is it mostly for people with dining plan?

1 Like

We used mobile ordering for our last trip without a dining plan. Order was charged to the credit card linked to MDE.

3 Likes

charges to card on file in MDE. When mobile ordering first started, it couldn’t even be used with the dining plan.

2 Likes