Mnsshp?

Going for the first time on the 14th. Never been to a hard ticket event so I’m clueless as to what to expect. What do I need to know?? We want to see parade, fireworks, do some trick or treating, meet and greets we can’t usually do and I saw something about a dance party? Fill me in.

I did a little digging and was able to find a scanned copy of the 2014 MNSSHP map and schedule. You can see it here:

http://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Don’t forget that if you aren’t using a regular ticket to be in MK during the day the party ticket will get you in starting at 4pm. There will be lines specifically for parties.

Some of the things you can only do there are the Haunted Mansion magic shots with the hitchhiking ghost,

You can download the Mayhem at the mansion app on your smartphone to play a ghost catching game while you are in the park.

There is a monster’s dance party in Tomorrowland and a Villian’s dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe.

It’s the only time of the year you can do M&G with Jack Skellington and Sally as well as the seven dwarves all together. Though you’ll have to line up extra early to get either of these or try for them very late right before it’s over when the lines are much shorter.

Lots of party only snacks and merchandise. If you’re a pin collector don’t forget the limited edition party pins, and your free party only SOTMK cards. Even if you don’t play or collect those are always in high demand by people that can’t attend.

And of course you get Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade which is generally considered the best parade of the year.

Geez now I wish I was going to MNSSHP instead of MVMCP lol.

edit: Fixed the link

1 Like

Thanks for the info I can use it too!

I can’t say what the ‘right’ strategy is, but I can definitely say what worked for us a couple of years ago. We attended a fairly busy party, but not a sell out. We have 2 kids (2.5 and 5 at the time). Our priorities were meet and greet with a couple of specific characters, some rides, some trick or treating and a great seat for the show/parade. We tackled things in the above order and stuck to Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land to minimize walking time. DH stayed with us for the first part and then wandered off about 1 hr before the parade to get a good seat. We met him about 20 min before the show/parade. This gave him some quiet time (which was great for him) and let the kids play longer. Have done other parties and this one worked out the best for all of us.