MNSSHP - what are you wearing? (Asked in most non creepy way) :)

We decided finally… Ds4 is going as a blue ninja… Minnie for me and my mom is daisy! So excited…20 days to go!!!

1 Like

I have a red dress with white polka dots. I’ll add a black belt & ears to make it minnie. DH has a sorcerer mickey hat & gloves that he will wear. DD12 Maleficent, DD4 Elsa, DD2 Anna.

3 Likes

We are doing Disneybounding type outfits. Minnie, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy

3 Likes

I am reviving this! What are your ideas for this year? I want something easy to do, but maybe homemade, light and cool to wear, and hopefully a theme - a theme for the four of us: DH, DS10, DD7, and I. I am not creative enough to come up with it on my own, though! Please share any ideas!!

1 Like

Awwww bringing it back!!! :slight_smile: so great for me to see our pic from our first mnsshp (and me prego w/ds1.5!) well last year we did end up doing ds5 blue ninja— me:Minnie ds8months was Mickey, my mom was daisy (made her a feather skirt!) and I made dh go and made him a Donald tshirt! Ds5 has decided Star Wars this year… He got his Ezra (Star Wars rebels) outfit already (sale!!!) and we have to figure out everyone else… Ds1.5 is going to be darth vader for sure and ds says I’m yoda! Hahaha!!!
Soooo do your kids have a fav Disney movie they both like?? That might be a good starting point?!?!

2 Likes

DBF and I are going as Fred and Tadashi from BH6!

4 Likes

@disneybroadwayfan what will your costumes look like? Are you making them or buying them?

I’ve thought of a few different options - Frozen, Guardians of the Galaxy, among others. But it’s the execution that is difficult for me. I did find Guardians of the Galaxy t-shirts on Amazon, so those are the front runners right now. I guess my next step is to get some input from my kids. I don’t want to spend a ton of money on it, and I do not want to be in heavy, non-breathable costumes.

Do I want to wear a princess dress? Do I want to wear Figment accessories? Decisions, decisions…

1 Like

It took everything in my power not to buy a belle dress that was half off at the Disney store last week… I’m sure I could squeeze into kid sizes??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I know, right? I want them so bad!

I was in the SCA for years… though I wasn’t a princess in that fine organization, I have a pile of linen gowns and all the pretty-princess accessories to go with.

1 Like

Thanks for the revival @Iheartepcot!! I’m going as Maleficent! (no surprises there :smile:)

Wearing this dress:

With these horns:

And attempting this makeup:

5 Likes

Wow you will look amazing!

I hope so! The makeup probably won’t look like this, as I very rarely wear makeup and I’m not very experienced with it hahaha! But I’ll do my best :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t do make up generally either but at least you have something to copy!

1 Like

Very nice!! I love the make up idea.

I think that we (and by we, I mean I) have decided on a Monster’s Inc theme. Mike Wazowski for my son, Sully for DH, Boo for my daughter, and Roz for me. I already found cat-eye clear lenses for $5. My DH has a turquoise shirt that I plan to use temporary fabric glue to attach purple felt to.

3 Likes

Love it

1 Like

We ordered replicas of the tshirts they wear in the film, will add cargo shorts that match the film closely (enough), and I’ll be buying a Tadashi baseball cap like he wears in the film. T-shirts and cap from Etsy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes