MNSSHP on Nov 1st - crowds?

I’m waiting for Touring Plan’s 2019 MNSSHP “Least Crowded Party” page to be updated…

… but I figure I’d go ahead and ask my question here. I’m not sure there is a good answer anyways.

I would like to go to the Nov 1st party, which is a Friday. I know the Oct 31 party is usually the busiest, but since Nov 1st is a Friday night, I’m thinking it will be just as busy, perhaps even more so. Your thoughts?

Good question. I chose Oct 29th thinking it may be (a teeny) bit less crowded than the 31st or the 1st…I have a feeling they will all be more crowded this year because of good ol SWGE. I could be wrong and hope for both our sakes I am.

1 Like

I would expect it will be crowded and sold out.

1 Like

I already booked Nov 1 MNSSHP. The die hard Halloween people will choose Halloween night. Although with SWGE, it’s anyone’s guess what this fall will look like.

1 Like

FWIW, I found this…last time there was a Nov 1 MNSSHP (I think). Interestingly enough it listed the 31st as being a better night than Nov 1. But that was soooooo long ago
https://touringplans.com/blog/2013/05/28/disney-world-magic-kingdom-halloween-part/

1 Like

i also didn’t realize Nov 1 was a Friday. Oh boy. At least we’ve done it before. In our experience, the hub sees the most impact and many people foolishly queue up for 7DMT.

2 Likes

We’ll be at the Nov. 1 party and I’m expecting it to be crowded. I’m just setting my expectations low - we’ll likely not travel at this time of year again so I just want to meet a few (not high-priority) characters, see the parade, and see fireworks.

1 Like

If anyone has experience with party crowds, can you relate it to regular crowd levels? If Halloween is the “busiest” party, would that be like an 8-10 CL or more like a 5-7 CL? I know it depends on how many tickets are available, but I’d like at least a general idea. Thanks!

"For the curious, the highest average wait time during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party belongs to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (no surprise) at a 36-minute average wait. Attractions like Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Princess Fairytale Hall are right around an average of 20 while the lower end is made up of rides like the Barnstormer, it’s a small world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and Under the Sea, all between 5 and 8 minutes.

For some perspective, the day I went last year was ranked # 20 out of 32 parties (Oct 30). Most rides were close to walk on. 5 min or so for POTC maybe. We skipped Space and most of the kiddie rides. Barnstormer we rode repeatedly, as we did BTMR. 7DMT was 40 min wait per the CM at tapstyle. Watched the 2nd parade from Town Square and we were at the buses ahead of the mad rush - probably around 11:45pm. We did not participate in free treats or characters - only collected candy for the first couple stations (more than enough for 1 kiddo!). I seem to recall we ate at Cosmic Rays.

1 Like

I read somewhere that although Disney does not divulge how many tickets are sold, that a “sell out” is generally a CL 7

2 Likes

now this is really weird. So I took my MNSSHP TP from October 29 and copied it to November 1 (I was going to see if there was a difference in wait times) and it’s as though it doesn’t realize Nov 1 is a MNSSHP - the only “seasonal attractions” showing up to add are frozen holiday wish…no cadaver dans, no spelltacular…etc. etc.

ETA I just emailed TP webmaster

1 Like

I have been to MVMCP twice and MNSSHP twice, but the last time was 2014 at MVMCP so things may have changed over the past 5 years. In 2014, the crowds were heavy until the first parade. After the first parade, the crowds were still heavy in Fantasyland, but Tomorrowland/Frontierland were more moderate and Adventureland was light (walked on to Pirates). After 11:00 pm, crowds were light everywhere except 7DMT (which was about 30 minute wait).

1 Like