MNSSHP I wanted to love it

Thanks.

Saw a video from the 8/23 party on Friday night and it was dead.

1 Like

I think the early parties are insane from all the folks that feel the need to be at the first plus all the vloggers and media folks made the first party a zoo.

2 Likes

Has anyone gone to later MNSSHP’s and have any additional reports on crowds?

2 Likes

This inquiring mind also wants to know.

2 Likes

I was at the 9/24 party last week. Our last MNSSHP was in Sept of '14 and the feel today is dramatically different. Crowds are really bad. They basically close the Magic Kingdom and fill it right back up with a normal day’s crowd. Character lines are long, candy lines are long (5-10 min for some Skittles??), dance parties (Descendants for my daughter) are packed, ride lines are long, parades are packed. Our first party was really fun 5 years ago. I won’t do another one again. We did a Christmas Party 3 years ago and I don’t remember it being quite this crowded. Its really frustrating how they oversell these things. We had fun b/c we made the most of it, but I will not be paying the extra money again.

2 Likes

We’ve done the party a few times, and last year’s (early September) was definitely a lot more crowded than they used to be. I think we’re done with them until DD is old enough to stay until closing time.

1 Like

I think they’re absolutely overselling the parties lately. We did the party on Tuesday, 9/17 this year and it was much busier than the Friday, 10/26 party in 2012 (my friends’ only other party experience, and they were shocked because it was not at all how they remembered it being with regard to the crowds) and about as busy as the Friday 10/26 party was last year. It also stayed pretty busy right up until midnight. We lingered, taking photos on the way out and arrived at the Saratoga Springs bus stop after 12:30 and there were still 2 bus loads waiting.

1 Like

Thank you. I am really managing my expectations with these reports.

Hmmm on the bus thing. I may trek to CR and get a Minnie Van.

1 Like

We went this past May, prior to that it had been five years for us, too. I’m sorry this party didn’t turn out well, I would have thought that a special event like this would be, well, special. You’re paying extra for this. It’s almost unforgivable when one’s paid extras don’t deliver the promised experience, IMHO.

I knew that the crowds would be considerably greater than 5 years ago, and I’n very crowd-averse, so I sprung for many upgrades, too. We had a great time, but even so…I’m not sure it was money well-spent. We could have a great time in a lot of places for that amount of money. After all, “other places” are where we’ve been for the past five years.

I’m contemplating a stay at the Galactic Starcruiser for DS21’s college graduation, but other than that, this it might have been it for us, as well.

We were at WDW last week, while we did not go to any of the parties, we did talk with two different groups who went to the party on Sunday September 22nd. Both told us that the park was extremely crowded and very difficult to move around that evening.

We were in the MK on Tuesday September 24th during the day and left the park about 3:30 PM. There were a large crowd of people waiting at the entrance gate to enter at 4:00 PM. Looked like RD.

1 Like

We were at the Halloween party last year at this time and then last Friday. Dramatically different crowd levels. Candy lines were long, especially early in the evening, as were character lines. Mainstreet and the Hub were super crowded for parade and fireworks. I definitely miss Hallowishes. We still loved the party, but the crowd level was a drag.

I suspect that won’t work. There is only a small number of Minnie Vans and at park close they’re swamped. Last time I was at MK at park close I did eventually give up on buses and Minnie Vans and walked to the Contemporary to get an Uber, which arrived very quickly.

3 Likes

I was shocked when I went to MVMCP last December. I’ve never seen the parks busier — it was so crowded it was difficult to move around easily. Much busier than I’ve ever seen during the day. Rides were a write-off, so I just enjoyed the atmosphere.

1 Like

Uber is also an option…thank you for the advice!

That’s really too bad…especially for a “separate ticketed event”. Based on the above reports, IF it were possible and IF it wasn’t my daughter’s birthday I’d be VERY inclined to cancel my tickets for the 31st and pocket that $ or use it for something else. :sleepy: But as it stands we’ll just do the best we can and try to keep our expectations as low as possible, taking in the sights and enjoying what we can.

1 Like

I’m with you. I’m regretting, greatly, our group going on the 20th.

2 Likes

I was part of that crowd waiting to get in on Tuesday 9/24. They let us in at 3:45pm…I think because they thought people were going to start dropping like flies in the inescapable sun.

1 Like

We attended a party this week; Tuesday, 10/1. We have never been so have nothing to compare to, however we will never go again. Crowded!! Not worth the price! We loved the Fireworks, but again was hard to enjoy with the crowd. Parade was almost impossible with the crowd as well. I was not impressed and cannot wrap my head around all they ‘hype’ that swayed me to get tickets.

3 Likes