MMRR waits times reduced!

Looks like the plexi glass is helping wait times. Hope they can find a way to being this to more attractions that could benefit from this!

2 Likes

I expect the “fix” to be temporary…meaning, as they fill up the parks from 25% to 35%, those wait times will creep back up again. The line should move quicker, for sure.

The question is, during our early December visit, will the crowds be closer to the 25% or 35%? I’m selfishly hoping for 25%…but for the well-being of Disney and the bringing back of laid off CMs, it would be better to be 35%.

What’s nice is that since we were just there in August, my wife and I have very little pressure to ride anything. We will ride things if the waits are low or feel like it. Mostly the trip is about seeing all the things off the beaten path that we otherwise wouldn’t. MMRR was cute and all, but we won’t likely ride it again unless the wait is low!

3 Likes

I rather feel like that guy on Sandford and Son having a heart attack at such a shocking statement.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Probably close to 30%, my guess. Havent done MMRR, but also wont wait over 30 mins. DH isnt into RD. So I have resigned myself to getting to the parks by 11am. This is for the better in that if they didnt find a way to increase capacity can you imagine what higher crowd levels would do. Only must dos I have are things I havent ridden/ seen and LwtL, SE, KS, Dino, TSM and Buzz.

On previous trips with late sleepers and non breakfast eaters, some would depart early for the park of the day, to be joined in progress by the sticks-in-the-mu, I mean, to be joined by the rest of our group.

Since you’re a group of 2(?) I guess heading out early isn’t going to work. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

4 Likes

Not unless DH backs out of the trip :joy: but maybe it will be nice to relax in the mornings. Im really there for the atmosphere. This trip will test me though. Im a list person, a rigorous planner. I think Im venturing into the Disney unknown with this trip!

2 Likes

My DW knows I can be like a caged tiger in our hotel room - just pacing. More than once she has told me to go do RD in the morning and she’ll catch up! (It’s typically why we do an in-park character breakfast around 9:30am even though it’s prime ride time)

3 Likes

That was me last year with all the Star Wars stuff.

This year my sister and her adult daughter want to really take it easy. They both have allergies and asthma, so feel breathless in their masks. So we’ll take plenty of breaks. Since our usual restaurants are closed, we’re adopting a graze as we go plan. It’ll be different. As usual. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha ha ha…even my kiddos who normally would sleep till noon can get up without threat or injury for theme park days. My hubby can make us late though and he gets up at 5:30am everyday for work…

2 Likes

I’m the same way but one day in Universal I just threw away the plan (I mean we did have EP) and went with it and I was happier. It’s not always a bad thing to Let it Go, Let it Go…

2 Likes

We did try a sleep late, stay in the parks late trip when our two youngest grandkids were 12 and 13. During an unusually rainy 9 days in June. (Afternoon showers became torrents of rain for hours)

The kids said let’s go back to rope drop. Mornings are drier. Apparently if at first you don’t succeed, try something different.

1 Like

Do this sleep in thing at Disneyland if you ever go there when they are open till 12am. It was so uncrowded when I did this with the kiddos once when they were 2 and 5…I mean that was over a decade ago now but we rode so much from 9pm-12am. And it doesn’t tend to rain in Cali. Fires and earthquakes sure but no rain! and wind will cancel the fireworks more often there in my experience.

1 Like

Good to know !

I didnt have a plan our universal trip either. Didnt need one, lol

Actually I heard that, for that week only, they are going to open at 100% capacity just to see what happens. FL says they can so they are toying with it and picked those days as the test days.

1 Like

I’m comin’ to join ya honey!

1 Like

I wake early. Im in charge on getting the coffee going, getting everything ready for the day, getting breakfast and bringing it back to the room (only eating breakfast out on our Epcot day). Plus I take a bit longer to get ready. Dh can be out the door in 10 mins, lol. Ill probably wake him up when Im going to get breakfast. He can have his first cup of coffee (ill probably be on 3rd by then). Who knows, maybe he’ll surprise me and wake up early (I have been waking him up an hour early our time just to prepare him. He hasnt caught on yet :joy:)

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:pleading_face:

:laughing:

:woman_shrugging:

I’m just sharing the insider intel I got from someone