MK Touring plans June 12 &13

We are headed to WDW on June 11 for our first ever Disney vacation. We I will be bringing DH, DD 8 and DD 6. I was wondering if you would please take a look at our plans and let me know if you have any suggestions. I have fireworks planned for day 1 as we are going to try and catch anna and elsa day 2 in the late evening since I was unable to get a FP for the sisters but could switch that if needed however crowd calendars show a much lower crowd the second day. Any advise or suggestions are appreciated!!!

http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1428055
http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1429520

Erika - the plans aren’t showing up with those links. Maybe try grabbing the url before you hit print?

I think that is what I did the first time??? Any other suggestions?

Try this one

http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1428055

LOL, I’m probably not the best to answer this, I don’t know much! Maybe someone more experienced will come along!

I’ll try putting in a link to one of mine though to see if it works edited out :smile:

Maybe it’s a permission thing, because when I follow your links it says “You do not have access to this plan”

Yep it was a permission thing its fixed now!

A couple of points jumped out at me at first glance…
On the first day you have a two hour rest break going back to the hotel. From what I’ve read, that will mean you are likely to be turning around and heading straight back to the park as soon as you get to the hotel (unless you are somewhere incredibly close, like a monorail resort).
On the second day take another look at the time your break and lunch have come out at, because they are significantly later than the times you entered for them (I assume those are the times of reservations you have). It looks like you need to be less ambitious with what you do in the morning if you will meet those stops on time!

Can see them now! Probably more experienced parents will have more relevant thoughts. But the beauty shop + CRT especially sounds divine!! The first day seems to me like a lot of back-and-forth across the park.

1 Like

Thank you so much! We are staying at the Contemporary which is very close to the MK which is why I thought 2 hours might be enough however maybe I should look at it again! I did notice that overlap on the second day and I am trying right now to get it fixed! Thanks Again

I fixed day 2, does this look a little better? Thanks again!

That looks much better :slight_smile:
I might take a pass on Stitch and replace with something else though as I’ve heard it can be quite scary and isn’t done very well compared to the general standard of disney attractions.

1 Like

On your first day, you have 75 minutes of free time between Tinkerbelle and lunch, and you also aren’t using your FP for Tinkerbelle. I would put some more attractions in between the carousel and Tink, pushing Tink out to 12:00 so you use your FP. You also have 45 minutes of free time between Enchanted Tales w/ Belle and dinner - you can definitely fit some more attractions in there as well.

Day 1 observations:

It may take slightly more time, but if after Buzz you take the walkway behind space mountain to the train station near Casey Jr splash zone and ride the train to frontier land, the station lets you off right near splash mountain and BTMRR.

As @avab80 pointed out you are not using your tinkerbell fast pass. I suggest a few more rides - like maybe its a small world, and or under the sea, or shopping down main street. As Tinkerbell is back near the entrance. Or do some ride go to lunch, then visit tinkerbell on your way out or back.

Day 2

Honestly you may want to skip Stitch, a lot of kids get scared, it’s dark, and you are held into your seat, you cannot pull your kids into your lap.

My daughter always and still lives TTA people mover in tomorrowland, I recommend that, little to no wait and a slow ride that winds through tomorrowland.

Overall they look okay to me. Don’t be afraid to throw it all out the window if the kids want to do something else, but do try and keep to the early morning schedule, you can get the most done.

@Jedilogray and @avab80 I made some changes for both day 1 and 2, would you mind taking another look to see what you think. I added character meets with Tiona and Merida because my girls like them both. I cant seem to find any wait times for these 2 so I am just guessing. I left in stitch because both of my girls want to do it…hope we don’t regret it. I think I have a lot of walking time in day 1 however did put our walking speed a little lower that day because it is our first time EVER in that park and thought we could use the extra time. I have looked at these so much this week I am afraid I can’t see the obvious!!

http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1429680

This is an idea of the stitch chairs, there is a harness that comes down over every shoulder, you stay put, it’s dark, I suggest trying a video to see if your kids will like it. My girl when she was little was terrified, we so wanted to hold her, but all we could do was hold her hand, she was crying and screaming, and she was 4/5 at the time.

Okay on to your revisions:
Day 1 looks ok, my new advice, go to tinkerbell and then eat at the contemporary, instead of walking main street twice. It will give you more of a rest and a break. Don’t get me wrong Cosmic Rays is a favorite, but you will be going at prime time long lines. The contemporary will be quieter and if you have refillable mugs will also save you on drinks.

(Keep in mind if you are on the dining plan and you eat at a resort do take the bottled beverage you can get on the meal plan and save it for later in the park.)

Also for the night time stuff, do plan to entertain the kiddos while waiting, if you wish to purchase any of the fancy light up toys you will probably need cash, not MB or credit.

Day 2 looks good.

Remember as you well know, I am sure, you cannot do everything all in one trip.

I am glad to see so many characters, are you doing a special autograph book or something? Last year I printed my own 4x6 index cards for each character, they loved the special cards, and then the 4x6 fits perfectly in a photo album and I printed the pictures and placed them both together.

And here’s a great tip. Before or after Tinkerbell go into Tony’s Restaurant and ask for Lady and the Tramp to sign, they will bring it in the back and stamp them.

Thank you so so very much for all of your help!!! I appreciate the suggestion about the stitch video, I will look it up, I don’t want them to be terrified, it wont be fun for anyone! We are staying at the contemporary so I love your suggestion of eating there to give us a little more time and the bottled beverage tip is excellent as we are on the meal plan! I did make each girl an autograph book, I did 4X6 pictures of each character with a place to sign on them that way when I do our scrapbook I can put a pic of the girls with the character next to the 4X6 with the autograph. We bought Memory Makers so I wouldn’t have to worry about purchasing all the pics separate! We will go to Tony’s I didn’t know that little secret but made a note on our TP so I wouldn’t forget. Again I appreciate your help!!!

LOL, it am laughing and smiling here, so glad to help.

You did the same as me for the autograph books, do have a couple of small clip boards so the index card will stay in place and you have a hard surface for everyone to sigh on, each girl should have their own.

Glad you liked the suggestion to eat at the contemporary, I know they have the contemo café. The drink tip is one I picked up here on lines. Why not make the best use, so pick up the water or soda, put it in your room fridge and take it back to the park so you have something to drink. And then use your rapid refill mugs for your meals beverage.

Memory maker is awesome. Make a list of all of the magic shots and where you can get them. Try this website:
http://capturingmagic.me/photopass-magic-shots

Also here is something of my own to share:
MAGIC KINGDOM:

Main Street USA
• Tony’s left of stairs in the cement is lady and the tramp love
• Getting Lady and the Tramp’s autograph at Tony’s in MK
• Sit on the bench and maybe goofy will talk to you, near Tonys’
• Telephone in the back of hat shop in MK, voice lessons on MSUSA (hint: window.) And of course A Pirates Adventure, SOTMK

Fantasyland:
• Pooh’s in owls house look behind you there is a picture of toad handing deed of house over to owl
• Peter Pan - Blocks in the nursery Ppan and Disney
• In Pinocchio’s Village Haus, you’ll find a special place for making wishes. The wish book beneath the Blue Fairy stained glass window features real pages that you can write on. Come prepared with a few special wishes to record and add your legacy to the book.
• Across from the Rapunzel restrooms, you’ll find a very special garden. Look closely along the brook and on surrounding buildings for friends of Pascal, Rapunzel’s chameleon companion. Rumor has it that there are a total of 10 of these little lizards tucked away throughout the garden. How many can you find?
• Maximus’s hoof prints (and a treat he was pursuing) near the tinkle tower.
• The wishing well by the castle
• there is a fountain near Fantasyland with Cinderalla…if you look at it from a kid’s sized angle, the tiles in back form a crown :wink:
• On the carousel, the horse with a ribbon on it is Cinderella’s Horse
Nautiluses – There are two hidden references to the Nautilus (the ship from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea). The first is inside the tree at the entrance to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh queue. This tree was originally over part of the former location of the 20,000 Leagues attraction. The second carving is in the queue to the Little Mermaid dark ride, which is also on the old 20k plot

Liberty Square -
• Upper windows 2 lanterns for Paul Revere,
• Rifles in the windows, ready to be called to arms
• Haunted Mansion
Roof Tops has chess pieces
Pillars on either side of door are coffins
13 hours closk has fingers for hands
Pipe organ replica from 20,000 leagues under the sea
By Tombstones dog is rover (CoP & PoC)
Pet Cemetery has Toad on the left
Frontier Land
• Tom Sawyer Ambush Cave water flows up
• Splash Mountain (Chick-a-pin-hill)
• Last gopher says FSU for fl state univ.

Adventureland
• Pirates of the Caribbean
Right hand line line has chessboard locked in stalemate
Stinky Foot has the parrot that used to be outside
As you exit peg legged footprint - Davy Jones??
• Jungle Cruise
Ask a CM about the spider in the que
I love disco, native crouched in bushes on left side

Tomorrowland
• Metrophone – Near the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Astro Orbiter in Rockettower Plaza, there is a courtesy phone provided by the Galactic Communications Network.
• Tomorrowland Palms –one of these trees is unlike the others. If you look closely, you’ll notice one of the trees has its leaves closed and is missing its globe-nuts. This is because the leaves are what collects solar power and this power is stored in the globes. This ties together with the relatively-unknown backstory that these “Power Palms” are one (of many) efforts by the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. Arcade to find methods of alternative energy.
• Original E ticket booth, now part of DVC

EPCOT
• Spaceship Earth
as you pass cave dweller scene take flash photo directly to your right - surprise
When you choose your future “looks like it’s going to be a great beautiful tomorrow”
• Living with the Land House IT82, year epcot opened
• World Showcase Walking towards Mexico look towards Morocco you can see TOT
• China - Walk into the Temple of Heaven, stand with your feet in the center of the concentric circles, feet directly over the circle, say something, the building is acoustically perfect, your voice should vibrate back
• China male and female foo dogs, male has foot on globe, female foot on baby foo
• China Yong Feng Shangdian has a weathered copper bowl, it’s like a crystal glass, dip your finger in water and make it sing, also the water should splash
• As you leave China, cross the bridge tothe refreshment outpost and open the coca-cola coolers for a surprise if it is working, it may be a kodak moment
• Germany has a train setup
• American Pavilion has a ultilitor

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
• Muppets - As you enter the Muppets attraction on the right. There is a note that says the key is under the mat. Right below the note is a welcome mat. Look underneath.:slight_smile:
• Lights, Motors, Action - Singin’ in the Rain Umbrella –an umbrella attached to a lightpost. Push a button on the umbrella and it “rains” overhead, making for a fun photo op.
• Indiana Jones pull the rope outside Indiana Jones. :slight_smile: As you pass the entry, to the left, down the path on the right hand side is the rope
• Great Movie Ride - The carousel Horse is from Mary Poppins, The other half of the plane from Jungle Cruise is here
• Brown Derby has a guest book in the front signed by all the celebrities that have been there
• Mann’s Chinese theater, look for prints and signatures, Nimoy did Spock Hands
• Toy Story Movie Mania TSMM - symbolically you are the size of a toy, Buzz does spock fingers, as you leave there is a golden book of the POkey Little Puppy
• Tower of Terror
Immediately after entering the lobby look to the left, 13 diamond award from AAA
Glasses on concierge table are briken
Bullentin board left of queue may read EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED
Fuse Boxes on left hand side after library, pull the handle, it’s shocking depending on how charged it is
If you see a CM with gold Epaulets he/she is an original TOT CM
• Rock-N-Roller Coaster
"The limo license plates/corresponding song played:
1QKLIMO/”Nine Lives”,
UGOBABE/”Love in an Elevator” [rewrite “Love in a Roller Coaster” “Walt This Way”,
BUHBYE/”Young Lust”, “F.I.N.E.”, “Love in an Elevator”,
H8TRFFC/”Back in the Saddle”, “Dude(Looks Like a Lady)”,
2FAST4U/”Sweet Emotion”

2 Likes

You are welcome with all the help, I have some time today and I am working on my own trip for October. Glad to share with fellow liners and Disney geeks.

1 Like