MK September 2019 itinerary help

Hi all,

We are heading to Disney in September. We will be with my 4 year old and my 70+ in laws. I feel pretty comfortable with our Epcot and HS plans because there is only so much for a 4 year old to do (and while we want to have a good time, the trip is for the kiddo). I am a bit overwhelmed by the MK days (we are doing 2). Due to his age and my in laws, we can’t go go go from sunrise to (past) sundown, but I also don’t know how to “split” our must do attractions between two days. We can get Fastpasses 60 days early so would love to have a “plan” so I know what days to request fastpass, what attractions to rush to in the morning, etc.

Must do attractions:
Barnstormer
Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
It’s a Small World
The Many ADventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pans Flight
Pirates of Carribean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Splash Mountain
Under the Sea

Could do:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Aladdin Carpet Ride
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Country Bear Jamboree

During Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, I know we want to see the parade and the Hallowishes, but could ride some of the rides then, too.

Here is what I have so far and I’d appreciate any advice:

(for reference, we are staying at GF so getting to/from MK isn’t difficult)

MK Day 1 (september 29):

There are extra early morning magic hours (starting at 7am!!) We do not have any reservations for breakfast this day-can pick up and go

We have 12:15 lunch at Liberty Tavern (but I would be open to turning this into QS)
We have 5:10 dinner with characters at Crystal Palace
We have tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

I am thinking we will need to go back to hotel sometime in the afternoon to rest.

MK Day 2 (Sept 30th):

9:10-Chef Mickey’s Breakfast at Contemporary
snacks for lunch
4:30-Captain Hook Pirate Crew Adventure at Beach Club

Thank you, all!

sorry i dont have much advice, but we will be there the same day, almost same itinerary! going to party as well…eating at crystal palace at 6 lol. we are planning QS for lunch… but not sure where yet… what you have planned sounds doable… but again its our first trip …so what do i know :grin:

On your Day 1 for MK, I would keep LTT for lunch and then take a break at your hotel until close to your dinner time.
On your MK Day 2, if it were me, I would do the EEMH at 7 a.m., hit some rides until about 8:15 or so, and then walk over to your breakfast at The Contemporary. You will be missing some shorter waits times for attractions while you are at breakfast.

For a QS lunch, I would recommend Columbia Harbour House.

Too funny! I grew up in Florida so went so often as a kid, but just drove in for the day. It is my first time with a family and staying, so I’m excited, but overwhelmed!

That is a GREAT idea to do EEMH on the way to The Contemporary. Thank you for the suggestion! Any suggestions for trying for FastPasses?

For FPP, I would suggest Peter Pan and 7DMT. Try to play with your plans for the 2 days and see what happens when you put in attractions. Doing EEMH will save you quite a bit of wait time. Look at what TP suggests to get Fastpass for your other FPP. We will be travelling in October with a 3.5 year old, a 13 month old, and 5 adults. With me being one of the 2 seniors, so much of what you are working with in planning, so am I.