MK or AK on day of MNSSHP?

Which park would be a better fit to visit on Halloween day? My first thought was AK since it closes early. We have a 3yo so we’d be leaving early to recharge anyway. I have also heard that MK tends to be slower on party days due to it closing early so that is also an option. We have tickets to the party that night so will be there during the evening but am just trying to figure out events for the day. Any help from those experienced would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don’t do the parties, I don’t take mid-day breaks, and I don’t have any young kids, so I’m probably not the best to give an opinion, but here are a few observations I can add that may help you make a decision…

MK, between 4:00 and 7:00 on party days is crazy. Day guests are still there and party guests start arriving. MS becomes a total log jam between 6:00 and 7:00 with large numbers of people trying to get in and out at the same time.

AK’s hours will almost undoubtedly be extended into the evening. A lot of uncertainty about exact times due to RoL rollout (which many are predicting for Labor Day). But the PM safari, ToL Awakenings, and street parties are expected to continue regardless of the PM show.

I’ve done that party (had a blast!!). However, if I was able to do again, I would avoid going to any park that day, and enjoy the party only. The fun stuff goes late into the night, and young kids (and myself) simply cannot make it that late. IMHO, you’d be better off having a relaxing day at the resort, getting that 3 y/o down for a nap, and then pouncing into MK at 4pm ready to party like it’s 1999!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately we really don’t have much of a choice. We’re only going to be at Disney for five days. That leaves us two days at MK and one at each of the other parks plus the Halloween party. We planned to take a 3-4 hour break each day to nap and relax but that takes a serious chunk out of a day at the park.

Since MK will be insane from 4-7pm, maybe rest then, and tackle the party as non-ticketed guests are exiting! :slight_smile: I get not wanting to waste precious time! You’re going to have a GREAT time!! :slight_smile:

1 Like