MK fireworks - stupid Q

This question makes me wonder what they are doing with the dessert party viewing area during the fireworks if they aren’t even offering a dessert party?

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! I have photos from the last night of our '96 trip, sitting at a table at the front edge of the Tomorrowland Terrace for the fireworks. If that’s not being used, it’s a fine place to watch fireworks. I remember it felt like Tinker Bell was landing right on our heads.

4 Likes

My impression is they are using the area in Tomorrowland Terrace area for general viewing of the fireworks. That’s from being there last week and walking by the area around that time a couple days & noting it was jam packed with people but not really trying to watch from there or need to figure out what was open where - but just trying to evade the crowds…

We did have the opportunity to watch one night from the VIP area in front of Tony’s and it was amazing. Very few people - lots of room and an awesome view. Highly recommended if you get the opportunity…

1 Like

Really? How do you get the opportunity? (Shades of that butler dude in Titanic who kept flashing a silver gun and grimly intoning, “I make my own luck,” while the rich jerk chuckled menacingly…)

1 Like

In our case we did a VIP tour starting at 2PM and they dropped us into the VIP area at 9 to end our tour which was perfect with the fireworks around 9:15. Given the sparseness of the crowd in the VIP area it may be limited to VIP tours right now as the only method of entry.

1 Like

At the end of July the VIP area in front of Casey’s/Crystal Palace had a teeny ropped off area for VIPs and the rest was open to whoever wanted it. So people thought it was reserved, but it wasn’t. We got there at 8:15, walked all the way over to the middle (you enter on the Adventureland side) and we were able to secure a place by the front fence.

My daughter couldn’t believe our luck.

It is pleasant waiting in there because everyone sits (on astroturf!) until 15 mins out, and it wasn’t too crowded. Here is the view (without a zoom)

If you don’t want to be in the middle of things, the purple rocks near Tomorrowland Terrace are still considered a good “walk up” spot. Additionally the walkway in front of that let’s you see some projections, Tinkerbell and the fireworks, but you have some trees decorative trees to contend with and you are REALLY close up.

6 Likes

That is where I would go during parties precovid too.

I was all set for the purple rocks to help with social distancing and them it turned out this space had very low crowds and we felt comfortable. I have heard where people had a different experience and it was more crowded.

1 Like

Cool cool coolcoolcool… adding “rob bank” to my to-do list. I’ve got time to plan a heist, right? :sunglasses:

Seriously, it sounds like a great way to do WDW and see the fireworks. Btw, totally love your avatar. Donald is my favorite. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, my goodness, this is such helpful info!!! Thank you!!! And with a map!!! I really appreciate your input. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks on Donald - he’s my fave as well.

In our case we have good friends that ended up joining Club 33 a few years ago and they have gifted us a couple VIP tours. Last week they ended up finding cheap airfare and flew in to join us for the first few days of our trip which was great. So that’s another option, although the bank heist may work too…

5 Likes

We were there on July 3rd and the roped off area in front of Crystal P. was reserved for handicapped (which we are). My husband has his own ECV due to neuropathy and disk issues in his spine. We got there 40 minutes before and barely got in (almost full). We thought we had a perfect spot until some really tall guy standing in front of us picked up his daughter and put her on his shoulders. He had walked up about 5 minutes before the beginning and pushed his way through people who had been there for an hour. My husband (who couldn’t stand up) could not see the castle at all. Fireworks were fine though. I get it that he wanted his little girl to see but really _ in front of handicapped?

I would totally have said something.

I am so sorry I wasn’t there, because I definitely would have said something. I would have been polite and nice about it, but I would not have let him get away with that. I am so sorry you had to put up with that! :frowning: