MK crowds

Hello everyone, I am new to the board, but appreciate reading everyone’s input. We are leaving next week for a 10 day trip. I’ve noticed over the past month or so that MK seems to be much busier than originally anticipated this summer. I know Disney extended some of the MK hours by one hour in August a few weeks ago, but is there any chance that they extend them any further throughout the month due to the high crowds?

Any idea why MK seems to be so crowded?

2 Likes

Personally, I think crowds in the summer are a little higher because so many people moved their trips up to be there BEFORE SWGE opens. I can’t say if that’s true or not, though.

1 Like

There is always a chance that hours will be extended but I think it’s unlikely at this point.

1 Like

It is possible even to be extended day of. I have been there for that.

They don’t often make changes to the operating calendar less than 30 days in advance. While it’s not impossible, it is unlikely.

FYI – A common misconception about Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the park.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

I looked at your dates. The CL at MK never goes higher than 5 and are sometimes at CL 3. I’m not sure as to what you mean by “crowded”.

Thanks for the responses. I understand that our MK days are currently at CL 5 and under but I have also noticed that the predictions for MK have often been coming in lower than the actual CL reported. I’m not worried, just starting to prepare for the fact that our CLs will most likely be higher than the 3s, 4s and 5s that are currently predicted. This seems to be mostly in MK. Hope I’m wrong. Thanks again everyone.

1 Like

If it helps, I’ve done 4s and 10s. As long as I’m using my plan, the app and fastpasses, I don’t notice a difference in how much I get done.

1 Like

I would expect an August update to the calendar.

Looking at how the calendar preformed through mid July it seemed to fair pretty well. I don’t know how accurate the last two weeks were though

1 Like

This is so true and something liners can forget. We were at WDW from May 4-10, 2019. The CLs were pretty low and the lines weren’t bad, but the crowds especially at MK felt like at least a 6. I wish Touring Plans would call its estimates something else beside “crowd level”…maybe queue level. But then many Americans would have to look up what a “queue” is. LOL

1 Like

Yeah… I only know because I lived overseas for a couple years.