Minnie Vans

Not in my experience. I did it several times in December and was always just let through. They simply asked why the driver was coming through their line and checked his ID. Beyond that, no questions asked and nothing was scanned.

But again, how are they going to prevent the possibility of you eating at the contempo cafe or wanting to visit Bay View Gifts? Unlikely? Sure, but how do they prove it? They’re certainly not going to follow you up to the 4th floor.

But let’s take this to the extreme hypothetical. They do check, discover you have no business being there and are using it as the drop off, the driver will still have to go through the gate to make the turn around. When they do, just say “let me out here.” and tada… you’re still dropped off exactly where you want to be.

1 Like

Also, you have to upgrade with non minnie Lyft anyway to get a vehicle with carseats. This may be a longer wait anyway. Last time I checked, Uber did not offer them. If you need rear facing for what would be younger than your kids-- but for other readers, you have to get a Minnie Van or bring your own. We checked our carseat and stroller base at the stroller rental at the parks.

That’s a nifty tip about checking the car seat! Did you get a sense that this was something they were willing to do regularly? We fly with our car seats but generally rent a car. I could be interested in Uber/Lyfting if they were willing to take car seats at the gate!

It is not policy that they check them that I know of. I felt they were kind of doing us a favor so I would not plan around it. Twice we also rented an ECV so it may have been a courtesy. That is a long way to carry carseats for you all. Our’s was on a stroller base so we checked the whole thing and used our rented stroller (from off property). We came in with two strollers. Left one and picked up an ECV.

Our last trip, we stayed at Wilderness Lodge. The one before that, POFQ. The issues we had were to MK at WL, and Typhoon Lagoon at POFQ.

We have been 3 times in 18 months. Last trip was dramatically different on bus arrivals. We were shocked at the difference. This is a seriously important issue for our family, and Disney won us back over on bus transportation. We think there were buses 4 to 5 times as often. It was that dramatic for us. Split stay—same thing both hotels.

I would say, for the most part, we are a high maintenance family as far as how long it takes us to leave and get places, and Disney transportation did not hold us back on making a before park opening BoG reservation from Riverside. One kiddo losing a magic band did, lol, but a guest relations CM moved back our reservation so it all worked out. That is my trip report for buses during Spring Break. My advice would be to give it a whirl on day one and see if they run often enough for you all this trip. But, I do not blame you because buses almost ruined parts of another trip for us.

I’ve had my MagicBand scanned at least 3-4 times while riding in an Uber/Lyft, either at the entrance to the resort I was dining at, or at the entrance of my own resort when returning.