Minimum acceptable trip

It’s 90% of the reason I go to WDW at all.

1 Like

I agree. We are looking forward to a minimum trip in October. My DD10 has a minimum trip of eating at Chefs de France, wandering the Japan pavillion shop (she has never done either) and riding Living with the Land. My DH’s is building a light saber. I think mine is a Joffery’s iced coffee and riding either ROTR or MMRR and Remy’s. Trails at AK and a ride on EE would cap it off nicely but not necessary.

earlier thread post

The peoplemover IS the best ride. And it’s already socially distanced!

5 Likes

The biggest challenge right now — in terms of sketching an outline of a plan — is the early closing hours of the parks.

1 Like

It’s the coffee shop called Creature Comforts I believe. I’ve never been because the line is always long in the morning but it’s there! :blush:

I’m not sure they are going to be able to enforce that in the heat. We drink a lot of water in Disney and I don’t think people are going to be wanting to go to a designated area to drink to keep hydrated. You will have people getting heat exhaustion or worse in that situation. If you are drinking from a regular water bottle you have to push the mask out of the way. I don’t tend to take quick sips when I drink and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

She might like the pearl choosing in the store. You get in one line to pay and get a #. Then another line to choose your oyster and participate in the ceremony - which includes learning to count to 3 in Japanese.

If they’re still doing it.

Probably our new mantra . .
:wink:

eta: AK trails apparently are to be closed at least in the first phase. Hopefully open by October.

1 Like

This really is a retro time; early park closing was the norm 30 years ago. And maybe 20. Our solution was other parks in the morning and Epcot in the evening. I think it was maybe 2013 or so before we experienced Test Track in the daytime. A whole new ride!

We did pick a pearl at DS on our last visit and she loved it! She loves cats and has heard there is a lot of cat merch at the Japan store. Here dream (how our kids change as they grow!) would be to eat and shop at a different pavilion every day!

Sad about the trails :frowning: I guess we will see by October. Maybe Nomad lounge should be my back up. Or maybe Dinosaur - it was closed last time we were there…

Great dream! We’ve come close a couple of times.

Are you aware of the KidSpots? Last September they were doing a Ziploc baggie that looked like a suitcase with postcards to color for each country. Way easier to transport than Duffy or Agent P on a stick.

Oddly enough, I’m going solo with my 6 year old, who’s still not 40 inches tall yet, so in the beginning of planning for my august trip I already knew that I wouldn’t be going on any of the “fun” rides. We’ve been to WDW quite a bit the past few years so I’m ok with it (ok ok, I’ve never done a trip and missed space mountain, my all time fav, but I’m working on acceptance these days)
These seem like great days.
Although August is hot as hell and now with the addition of face masks and no misting fans, it will be hotter, I’m actually starting to come out of the fog and replan a much more leisurely trip with more resort visits to fill the time.
Wouldn’t it be great if Disney came up with some great scavenger hunt like games for the kids at each resort/park to help keep them occupied and engaged? I know at FARTs in February we really enjoyed the Figment art one through the World Showcase.
And I’m with you on the people mover… its a must do!
I would also add I missed MM\RR so that is a must do for us this time around.

I think there’s something that Wilderness Lodge puts out.

There might be fan sites with scavenger hunts.

Photos - find a resort specific thing to stand by. Wilderness Lodge has a totem pole by the store we’ve used several years.