Minimizing 'not in a queue' wait times for EPCOT World Showcase acts

I am finding it easier to minimize my wait times for acts like Sergio, American Adventure, Chinese Acrobats and Serveur Amusant by adding an Attraction entry, for the pavilion where the act is performed, both Before and After the Act in my Plan…

BUT, the problem is that I am unable to have different ‘Spend’ times for the Pavilion entry Before and After the act…

For instance I want to arrive at Italy a few minutes before a Sergio starttime, spend say 5 minutes at the Italy Pavilion until Sergio starts, then after Sergio is over, I want to stay at the Pavilion for another 15 minutes…

This allows me to plan to get to Italy before Sergio starts, watch Sergio, then stay at the Italy pavilion for a while before moving on to the next Pavilion…

I know Sergio may not start at exactly the posted start times but my method ensures that I will be in the area when he does and a slight change in his start time would not affect my Plan times for other Pavilions…

Also, I have a Plan where I only want to visit Mexico for 5 minutes on the first time that I pass it and 15 minutes on the second time that I pass it… and I am unable to have different Spend times for each visit.

I think this is a software BUG, what are the chances of having it fixed?

PS I also think there is a BUG, that I have not traced down yet, which changes all my Spend times for the Pavilions back to the default 10 minutes after I have laboriously optimized my Spend time for each Pavilion, should I create a new topic for that issue?

Hi, and welcome!

The problem with being unable to set different time spent at an attraction for multiple visits is a known bug - I flagged it in October (if no-one already had).

For EPCOT, it seems like it might be sufficient to just add a single stay of the planned duration (i.e. the planned duration of that second stay) after the show you would like to see. Your first stay in the land will be incorporated into the wait time for the show that way - not too hard to follow.

Now, about the bug - see e.g. this test plan I created - four different durations set, but all are 20 mins because that’s what the first one was set to:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3872125

The last response I got from TP was this - if it (and my suggestion above) doesn’t help with your issue you may be able to contact support (who are quite responsive) to get further suggestions:

Thanks for your patience with this. It appears that fixing the issue will require more work than originally thought. It probably won’t be done in time for your trip next week.

As a workaround, can I suggest making the durations the same for each of these steps, sort of as an average for what you want to do? If that’s not possible, let me know, and we can attempt to work out something else.

Also, let me know if there’s anything I can help with for your trip, please. Thanks again for using the site.

1 Like

Thanks, at least I know that I am not going crazy…

I am told I do not have access to your plan when I click on it…

How about the BUG I mentioned, which I have not tracked down yet, and which seems to reset my Spend time to the default 10 mins across the board, is it known when and why that happens?

EDIT, aw now I see it :wink:

I do not see that you request different Spend time but I assume you have…

Fixed the link and added a bit more info and a photo of the original plan, sorry about that!

Afraid I have never seen the second potential bug you mentioned - this is not to say it doesn’t exist! May be worth contacting support on that too if it’s causing you difficulty.

1 Like

Thanks for engaging here…

Just to be clear, this is an example of my specific issue…

I want to spend 20 minutes total in the French Pavilion and I want to see the 20 minute ACT sometime while we are there… Making the visit to the French Pavilion area a total of ~40 minutes…

Because I am forced to have the same Pavillion Spend times for Before and After, I must put 10 minutes each for Before and After in order to be able to see the Pavilion for 20 minutes total.

But in doing this, as you can see above, it makes me wait 15 minutes for the ACT, giving a Total time in the French pavilion area of over 55 minutes (not 40)

OR if I set the equal spend times for Before and After to get a Wait time of 0 for the ACT:

Then we only get to see the Pavilion for 14 minutes total… and spend only ~34 minutes in the French pavilion area…

1 Like

Ok, thanks for explaining that so clearly.

Can you just remove the first entry for the pavilion entirely and set the second to a duration of 12 mins?

That should give you an 8-minute wait for the show (during which you are sightseeing in France), 20-minute show and 12-minute walk around - times may need to be adjusted slightly depending on how TP calculates your walks.

1 Like

Yes that is maybe closer to ideal but I do not like my plans showing Wait times that are not ‘InLine’ times…

I am trying to assign NON InLine Wait times to specific things that we should be doing…

AHA, while typing that last line I had a LightBulb Moment :bulb:, I think I found an acceptable bandaid solution until the BUG is fixed…

Just add Before Sergio, a BREAK for 8 minutes and put a NOTE in the break that says, ‘During this BREAK, you should go into the French Pavilion until Serveur Amusant starts’ :slight_smile: :smile:

1 Like

I was about to suggest this, but see you got there before I read through this. :slight_smile:

The only problem with the break is that the walking time after the break to your next “thing” will be wrong. :confused:

One other suggestion is just to make a single entry for French Pavillion that is for 40 minutes, but add in the notes session to watch “Serveur Amusant at 2:15 for 20 minutes.”

2 Likes

YES, even better, I love forums :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: