Midday break logistics

Share your plans! I have other days that I need to work on. This is making me think I’ll need some more intentional breaks/catch up time.

Those long spring break hours make it seem like we’ll have all sorts of time, but it’s just going to be walls of people, I’m afraid.
I don’t think we’re going to get the parade in. Its our first trip and it’s just going to miss the list.

1 Like

Sunday 3/26: IOA 9a-10p USF 9a-9p
Crowd level 7 (if it matters)
FIrst day in parks, sleeping in, possibly swim in morning. Honestly, I will be going nuts, I just want in the parks and could stay all day, every day of my trip, trying to briefly consider the enjoyment of the other 3 in my group - DDs 12 & 15 & DMom75 (who will be using an ECV, not sure about rides yet). They don’t know, but we are riding a float on Tuesday, I just hoped they could catch a glimpse of the parade, maybe longer if possible.

Express Pass, staying at RP.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4903810
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4903815

1 Like

Same. Why can’t everyone just go wide open and be happy to do it!! :rofl:

1 Like

That looks like a fun, but busy day!

@darkmite2 - one thing that I was thinking about, and @carihunt’s plan makes me wonder even more,

How long is a reasonable dinner break at 3 Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron?

Looks like both of us have older kids, so it isn’t as much of a burden to get everyone fed. What is typical for ordering food, waiting for it, etc?

2 Likes

It’s really not that bad. The issue is if they’re out of tables. If there’s not a queue outside of 3 Broomsticks or right inside the LC doorway, you’ll be fine. (That’s when you know you are waiting for other people to leave.)

It’s a well oiled machine. It might take 10+ minutes, but the queue will be moving.

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m here now. I haven’t reviewed the touring plan in question but wanted to note they did the projections at Hogwarts basically twice in a row last night and it was an 8 pm close.

4 Likes

Yeah I thought it replays many times too. Like the description reads:

1 Like

So, IOA is supposed to be open until 10 when we’re there.
Sunset is like 7:30. Does it just keep playing from 8:00 or so on, until 10?

Yep. Confirmation from OI:

5 Likes

Just remember to enter Hogsmeade from the Lost Continent after dusk. And if you’re coming from the Jurassic Park area, just take the bypass bridge to the LC.

2 Likes

We had dinner at Three Broomsticks last week. It didn’t look crowded and we got a table right away, but our mobile order took 45 minutes (that’s the time from placing the order to having it arrive at the table). Someone posted on chat recently that they had a similar experience. So I would plan on over an hour at 3B and maybe you’ll luck out with a shorter wait.

We did breakfast, not lunch or dinner, at the Leaky Cauldron. There, the wait was getting to the registers to place the order. We probably waited about 15 minutes to place our order, but it was a low crowd day. After placing our order, our food came out almost immediately.

Are you allowed to mobile order before getting a table, or do you have to be sitting down to even start the order? 45 minutes to wait for food is crazy!

When we arrived, we tried to walk up to the counter to order and were told that we needed to wait to be seated before placing our order. We were seated right away with no wait. When you mobile order, you need to input your table number, so I assume that you wouldn’t be able to do the mobile order before you have that–BUT entering the table number was the last step, so you could basically get everything entered into your mobile order while waiting for the table and then put in the table number as soon as you sit down. It probably took us 5 minutes to decide on our order and input it, but the 45 minutes was from the time we submitted the order.

2 Likes