Mid July vs. Mid August

I originally booked a WDW vacation for mid August (August 11th to the 17th to be exact) because my wife works in the school system and it seemed that the middle to late part of August crowds start to decline as kids go back to school. I considered July because July is much lighter in terms of my work schedule but decided with August because of the crowds. Recent crowd calendar updates have the two time periods closer than I thought they would be though. The parks we would do in August have the following crowd levels Epcot (6), MK (6), and MK (5) with “Overall” levels on those days being 7,6,6. Looking at July we would be seeing levels of Epcot (2), MK (5), MK (7) with overall levels being 3, 5, 7 on those days. Does anyone have experience with going in July vs August? Am I wrong or is the difference in those levels not much at all? Going in July would be easier logistically.

We have never been in August, but have been twice in July in recent years. Once was early July and included the 4th. The other was the third week in July. Crowds weren’t bad at all either time. I wouldn’t hesitate to go again in July.

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about once, maybe twice, per month and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Have done both and am going back this August (18-23) because the crowds were definitely lighter. As was stated, I think we’ll see some adjustments in the CL’s as the dates get closer. There has already been one adjustment (last week) for my trip and most days/parks went down.