Mid Day Naps with Park Reservation System

Hello,

Spring Break 2021 looks very busy at Disneyworld with the reduced park capacity.

My question is if the parks do reach capacity, will I lose my spot at a park if we go to the room for naps?

As in, if we go to MK for opening, go home for naps at 1pm. Do not enter any other parks (No Hopping). Then come back to MK at 5pm, is there any chance they would turn us away because the park was then at capacity?

Thanks!
Scott

2 Likes

I believe as long as you don’t park hop, your park reservation guarantees you entry into that park, even if you leave and come back.

2 Likes

That is correct. A park reservation allows you to come & go right now. No problems.

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies!

Making sure nothing has changed recently and I can still leave a park that I have a park reservation to go get a nap and then return later without having to worry about capacity. Have a 3 y/o that will need naps everyday. I want to make sure we will be able to get back into the park that I made the park reservation for.

You can still leave the park. Disney is full of little kids who need mid-day naps- I hope your little one naps better than ours did at Disney!

Thanks. We went in December and he fell asleep on the bus ride back to the resort. I’m hoping the same thing happens again. We didn’t have to fight to get him asleep and he got a good 10-15 minute start on his nap on the bus. This also saved time back at the resort.

2 Likes

We learned during our first trip with our eldest that going back for a nap led to far shorter naps! She would fall asleep on the bus and then be wide awake by the time we got to the room.

What worked best for us was to either let her sleep in the stroller while mom and dad took turns on things she couldn’t ride, or wear them (facing in) with a really good carrier. Yes, even at 3yo with a good carrier it works great!

Also note, that when the eldest was wide awake and the toddler needed to nap… the carrier let us do almost everything in Fantasyland while he was sleeping. Most of the rides there allow you to wear children in carriers.

Just another option to think about. Every kid is different and what works for one might not work for another! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s so smart. I wish I had thought to try my two-year-old in a carrier for naps. He ended up just not napping except for maybe 30 to 60 minutes in the stroller a day. He never napped when we went back to the hotel

I think this is funny, but only because my kids were so big. Our oldest was about 3-1/2 feet tall at that point!

We carried our youngest (now 15yo and taller than me!) in a carrier until he was about 3.5/4yo. Did a 10 day trip when he was 2 and 35lbs. Used the carrier every day and was able to let him sleep for a couple of hours every afternoon!

I was so grateful for Bill & Ellen’s Energy ride when my kids were little. They napped through it EVERY time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure some adults did too!

3 Likes