Mid-day break

Question for the DL crowd…what is the best time to take a break from the crowds on the weekdays in summer? Are the lines longest at noon? 1:00? Any ideas or suggestions?

They are generally longest later in the afternoon. I would probably go back to rest after 1.

1 Like

Hey Rose!! SOO glad to see a friend here too :smiley: I’m trying this out on the computer for now. So far so good I guess.

1 Like

Hey Tink! Good to see you here! @MadTParty, as Rose says people start coming back to DL 5-ish to catch the later Soundsational parade, F!, & FWs. DCA’s usually later for WOC.

1 Like

I like to push through lunch then head back for a nap around 2 and then head back in the park around 3. That way you’re gone during the hottest part of the day but back before the rush of people that are arriving after their workday has ended.

1 Like

Hey @nay!! Whew… another friendly face… Freaking out here… Kinda exciting alittle hard but pretty cool… Just informed the family it’s subway for dinner I’m learning the forum!! LOL…

There’s a post in Meta by Laurel that starts with “Thank you…” That’s a good read.

Thanks for the info. I’m thinking we should leave about 1:00, and return about 4:00 or 5:00, depending on how long the kids stay in the pool.

We went back around 12:30 and went back to the parks around 5. We were up and at RD by 6:15 everyday.

1 Like

Did you feel that you could still see/do what you wanted?

@MadTParty we finished everything on our list. We had 4 days, 2 in each park. We doubled up a lot on CA attractions. We did skip a lit of the WDW attractions that were not must do’s.

We usually go back to the room for 1 break a day around 1pm for no longer than 2hrs.

Good to know. We have 3 DL days and 2 DCA. I’ve only been to DLR once and it was at a slow time (crowd level 2-3). I anticipate lines, but plan to use a touring plan at least in the morning. And I’ll use the lines app for wait times!

1 Like

Good to see you too Debbie and of course Nay. I’m giving this a try–keeping an open mind, but I don’t think I’ll be able to forget chat.

1 Like

Like Guy we like to go from Rope Drop to Lunch getting as many rides in as possible, then have a nice lunch, if in Disneyland I try to do the Mickey and the Magical Map show then railroad to the front of the park or grab a fastpass for something and head for a break. I’m less trying to avoid the crowds than trying to avoid the worst of the afternoon heat. We then head back out in the evening as it starts to cool. If I got a fastpass I time my return on it (so I avoid fastpasses with a quick return time).

1 Like