Mid day break and park capacity

We are headed to MK on April 2. We know it’s going to be super crowded. If we leave for a break (right now planning to go to Wilderness lodge for lunch or back to our rental house) is it possible the park will reach capacity and we won’t be able to get back in? Or will we be able to return because we’ll have already paid for parking and already been in the park that day?

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? No.

According to the page on capacity closures, there has only been one three-day stretch in the last 10 years that MK has hit phased closures in April; all in 2009.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

1 Like

slightly off topic, I was at DL once when they stopped letting people in. as it turns out, I couldnt wait to get out. It was the last Saturday of spring break, 90 degrees, and packed. It was our first or second time there and last day of our trip. From then on, we tried to at least avoid weekends of peak times.

And to add on, if you have been in the park and are returning, you are still allowed into the park for the first couple of “phased closing” levels…

1 Like

And being an on-site guest also clears a few levels of “phased closing” as well. In April I think the odds are astronomical that you wouldn’t be allowed back in, all things considered…

True. I just assumed that since the OP used the phrase “back to our rental house” that they were not on-site guests…

But, if so, then, yes, pretty much always get in…

Oops - my bad - I read “Wilderness Lodge” in the original post a little too fast apparently. Thought they were staying at WL instead of taking their break there. So while true, my post is irrelevant for the original poster…

1 Like