Mickey's Toontown to be Reimagined

Probably.

It was crowded when I went up there Monday afternoon but not Fantasyland or New Orleans Square crowded. It was a ghost town when I went up Tuesday around 9 pm.

There probably needs to be more shows in DL to absorb more people.

2 Likes

Here’s the “news” about the future of RRCS specifically:

Disneyland officials said they “look forward to sharing details of this fun new space soon!”

1 Like

Where is that comment from?

Isn’t that the chip n dale treehouse in the back right of this picture?

I don’t think there is a structure that looks quite like that in the area right now.

Edit: It’s Goofy’s Bounce House. If you look closely there is a Goofy hat on top in the rendering.

1 Like

I copied and pasted it from Scott Gustin - theme park reporter. He’s not just a “blogger”, but an actual journalist.

1 Like

Yeah, I see that now…it’s from the side.

1 Like

100%.

2 Likes

I agree too. But I feel bad for those, like @darkmite2 who love the character / ride. It is kind of fun to have quirky rides like Mr. Toad and Roger Rabbit where you get off going, “What the hell was that?!” :joy: But I’d prefer something like … I don’t know … Duck Tales? Muppet Babies? Jake and the Neverland Pirates? Goofy and Max? Anything, really.

6 Likes

I love Roger Rabbit and always take a picture of Eddie’s office when I’m at DHS. Now I need to fit in a trip to DL before March so I can ride this ride? Yikes!

2 Likes

I love Mr. Toad, but RR does not have that same feel to me. I never understood why he was in a Disney park, is he even Disney? Seriously, I don’t know! I rarely go to TT these days, last time I really remember being there was during a Halloween party, so that’s been at least 3 years. I will be there in a little over 3 weeks, so guess I might ride RR just one more time to make sure I still don’t like it. :rofl:

3 Likes

We too love Roger! :heart: Totally underrated movie even though it won a bunch of awards IMHO :blush:DD18 will be extremely sad if they take this ride out. Not a favorite of some but so many easter eggs and hidden Mickeys inside. Our favorite was the door were you knock, say Walt sent me and then would hear Jessica singing :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I walk back there every trip and know if anything in that area needs to go is that dumb Gadgets go coaster! :rofl:

3 Likes

Love these pics, but mainly because they have you & Jess in them!! The character could be anybody, really. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It is definitely Disney. They bought the rights to the novel upon which the movie was based and turned it into the film.

2 Likes

Have you seen the new Chip and Dale Magic Key magic shot? Soo cute!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t think so, off to google it. No luck with the google machine, do you remember where you saw it?

1 Like

It was released under Touchstone, which was Disney’s production arm for more grown-up movies in the 80s and 90s.

2 Likes

Also, the movie features a literal Toontown.

3 Likes

Micechat (and others) think they see a walkway to Galaxy’s Edge in this concept art. While I think it would be nice, it would basically have to be a tunnel since SWGE is not directly adjacent to Toontown.

Here’s a map showing the border of the guest areas in SWGE and Toontown in red with a potential path in blue:

1 Like