My mother and I are planning on going to the MNSSHP on 9/2/19 (Monday). We have a hotel reservation 9/1 - 9/6 with 3 theme park days 9/3 - 9/5. this is an impromptu trip. we are going because a) our family has an extra 3-day hopper that needs to be used prior to Dec 31,2019 and b) I was going to be traveling to Orlando anyway that week for opening weekend at HHN over at UOR.
Because it is a short trip, the Halloween party is bonus park time at a cheaper price than adding one extra day on the theme park ticket. I expect heat, humidity and rainstorms during the party. It is what it is. However, I am concerned about hurricane season and the non-refundable nature of the party ticket.
Should I wait until we are in FL to purchase the tickets? Any experience with Disney offering refunds if your travel plans were derailed due to a named storm?