Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for first time guests

We will be traveling with our 5 year old son in October to WDW. We are trying to plan our itinerary for the week and keep getting stuck on if we want attend the Halloween party. We could either do a regular ticket day or just go later in the day and attend the party. Believe it or not it would be less expensive for us to just go to the park with a base ticket than attend the party requiring the hard ticket (because it would be part of a 4 day pass). This will be our first trip to see
WDW as a family. I’m really not sure what to do.

There are so many wonderful activities and it is a VERY magical experience. I would do it! We had fun. I was not thoroughly impressed but I am a picky Tinkerbell. Have a plan. Be mindful of rude people who push children to get to the candy stations. Watch the fireworks, they were amazing. Your son will love it! The whole family can dress up in costumes. Make those magical memories. Have a fabulous 1st trip.

1 Like

I agree…it is a great experience :slightly_smiling_face: Parades and fireworks are magical and dressing up makes it super special…everyone does it so you don’t feel out of place. There are some rude pushy guests at the candy stations but there are less busy stations dotted around which we got most of our candy from.
Give it a try :wink:

Is there a possibility that this is your only chance to go to the party? If the answer is yes- I would go. If you are confident that you will return again someday in September or October I would wait.

1 Like

Is your little a night owl? My niece is more of a night owl than a morning person but she had trouble staying awake. She loved the parade but was so tired we left before the fireworks. We did not do a park in the morning but rested at the resort. We arrived at 4pm for the party. After the parade she looked at me and said “I am so tired, Aunt B. Let’s go home and sleep.” :laughing: It’s a lot of money to spend if your little can’t stay awake for the whole event. Even with an early departure it was fun and we had some good memories.

We did our first family trip in Sept 2014, and went to MNSSHP and it was a blast! As you can see from my profile pic, we were dressed up! As @PrincipalTinker said, if this is your only chance to go, you should go! However, a five y/o may have a hard time staying up for the festivities. The only other tip I would add would be to avoid the park that day, and arrive at 4pm refreshed and ready to party. We arrived to MK before RD and stayed until 1ish. Then, we headed back to CBR to get ready and went back to MK at 4pm. I was soooo tired by 10pm. I mean toast. Done.
I hope you have a great trip!!!

1 Like

Thank you for the advise! Some folks can be so rude but we won’t let that ruin our time at WDW. I think we’re going to do it!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we will go again, but it would be a few years from now. I think we’re going to do the party! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Thanks for the advise! I think we’ll go to the party and just do a relaxing sleep in/pool type day before we can enter the park at 4pm just as you did. I think he’ll be so excited that he’ll push through the night. But you never know with kids!

Thanks for the tip! We definitely will just be doing the party for that day. I think we’ll just do a resort day until we can get into the park at 4pm. After seeing all of these posts and speaking to a couple of friends who have been during MNSSHP, I think we would really miss out on something if we don’t do it. It’s sounds like a pretty spectacular event!

Thanks for the encouragement! I think we’re going to do it! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

1 Like