Mickey's Not So Scary 2015 Roll Call

Me @BrerLarr and kiddos oct 2.

3 Likes

Darn, right city wrong park. We will have moved to UOR by the 2nd.

Yay oct 2nd! Looks for us in our Star Wars gear :wink:

1 Like

Weā€™ll be there 10/27. Ds(9) will be jack sjellington as Santa Claus. Dd(7) Pocahontas. Dd(4) Minnie. Myself jasmine. No word from dh. Lol I have princess dresses for girls to wear later in the week. Snow White for both. Then rapunzel and Cindy when we meet them Sunday. Lots of costumes. :smile:

2 Likes

Weā€™re going on October 6th but I have no idea who to dress up as. Iā€™m a DH and there will also be my DW, DM, and DD7, DD4, and DS1. I need suggestions!!

2 Likes

If you are looking for a group costume - how about the Winnie the Pooh characters in a sort of Disney bounding way? I spent a lot of time looking at Disney bounding images online before deciding what to do. My goal was to have something super easy to make, inexpensive, and not too hot to wear in the park. I also considered the t-shirt costume and searched for them on Amazon for inspiration. Minion costumes are easy to put together if you donā€™t mind getting away from the Disney universe.

1 Like

Hey! :smile: Question for this fun group: would our fam look out of place in non-Disney costumes at MNSSHP? Weā€™re toying with the idea of all being dressed as ā€œWhereā€™s Waldoā€ (well, Iā€™d be Wenda, but you get the drift). Thanks for any thoughts!

2 Likes

Saw a couple last year dressed as Whereā€™s Waldo and Carmen San Diego. It was great!

3 Likes

I canā€™t say for sure since I have not yet been to a party, but from the pictures I saw online, lots of people do non-Disney related costumes, including characters from other companies as well as generic things like ā€œghostā€ ā€œvampireā€ ā€œastronautā€ that have nothing to do with any IP. (My comment in the prior post about Minions was more to make it clear that I knew that Minions were not Disney characters!! :grinning:)

2 Likes

I just spent $20 on yellow-tinted lenses, which Iā€™ll never wear in real life, so I guess that means Iā€™m committed to a Figment costume for 9/20. Now shopping for orange rhinestones, cackling with glee.

4 Likes

Oct 18
Ghostbusters

2 Likes

Got our tickets for Sept 15th

2 Likes

Going Oct 29 with @kbutler. I have an Alice costume I wore last year so might just wear it again since I had so much fun wearing it the first time. I love MNSSHP!

3 Likes

Got our tickets for Oct 29th! Super excited!

Iā€™ve got a huge crew but costumes includeā€¦ Peter Pan, Hiro, Han Solo, Gaston, Sofia & Cinderella. Still havenā€™t decide on mine and my husbandā€™s costume or twisted my mother & father-in-laws arms yet about costumes but Iā€™ll think of something!

Iā€™ve got some freebie costumes from my arsenal as a costume maker if anyone is interested. You can have them just pay for shipping. Iā€™ll try to get some pics up but Iā€™ve got Merida in a size 3/4 and a Sully costume in a size 3/4. An incredible Sleeping Beauty dress in pink in a size 5/6. I usually sell my custom costumes but these were my own kiddos costumes and they are less than perfect so Iā€™d just like to give them away to a Disney lover!

4 Likes

Love the liner love :heart: For sharing costumes! Thatā€™s awesome!!

2 Likes

Not sure if this works or not but here goesā€¦

[Sully Costume][1]
[Princess Merida Costume][2]
[Sleeping Beauty Costume][3]

Not the best pics but if you are interested I can get better pics and measurements!
[1]: https://instagram.com/p/f_a4RaIRw4/
[2]: https://instagram.com/p/RTIX5QIR_w/
[3]: https://instagram.com/p/f-86wNoR5p/

3 Likes

DH and I will be there Oct 29th. We have not decided on costumes yet.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there Sept. 15. Iā€™ll be going as Genie (more like Disneybounding).

2 Likes

I had posted on chat about some changes in times I read about. Iā€™m going to try to link the article hereā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to any more info that comes out as it gets closer, such as what snacks will be etc.