Mickey BBQ timing

I am very excited about the BBQ we are attending for our fall trip. We are booked in Category 1 and the note on our booking says to arrive at 4:30pm for the 5:30pm show. Some of the things I have read say to arrive 45 minutes prior- is that also true for category 1 booking? I am trying to plan plenty of time for dinner ADRs as this was a big stressor last trip.

Also, how long does the event last? I’ve read anything from 90 min to 2.5 hours.

Finally, can anyone speak to Minnie Van availability from Ft. Wilderness?

1 Like

Easywdw has a fairly recent review of category 1 for the BBQ. I think it said they arrived shortly before 4:30, show started at 5:30 and is 1 hour 45 min. Category 1 can meet characters preshow so you wouldn’t need to line up to meet characters at the end.

1 Like

We added Mickey’s BYBBQ at the last minute on our 180 day mark. We had actually planned Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, but changed it to the BBQ on arrival night. It’s ironic because it was our favorite meal. I was most looking forward to CRT and BOG, but the BBQ was a lot more fun. You will love it!

1 Like