Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway Opening Date Announced

I’m going for a whirlwind in early April and have made very few plans. I’m going to at least commit to park days pretty soon, but so much is up in the air, I think I’ll just hold off on making any kind of real plan until end of Jan.

1 Like

So how do people think they will handle FastPasses for this? (Or not?) Will they initially try boarding groups like with Rise of the Resistance? I’m assuming since we are now in the 60 day window, people are booking other Tier 1 rides that will have to be dropped if Runaway Railway FastPasses open up.

Virtual Queues are the new darling of WDW right now. And it’s almost certain (99%) that it will open without FPs.

They may go with a VQ immediately, or they could open with stand-by only and use a VQ if demand is higher than can be accommodated in the queue.

Pros for using a VQ from the start:

• known procedure
  • can deal with any downtime more easily
  • avoids two systems running at the same time, or a stand-by line that has to be cleared and closed before starting the boarding groups

Pros for starting with stand-by:

• there could still be a VQ operating for RotR by then
  • why bother if demand is reasonable and spread through the day (ie: people still prioritise Star Wars rides.

The problem for planning is that theVQ for RotR was officially announced one day before it opened. So we may not know until then what is happening,

But you can safely plan for no FP to start with,