Miami embarkation

I’ve only done (three) DCL trips, and all from Port Canaveral.

I’m booked for a 5 night Dream cruise in January from Miami. All of course will be well, but I’d really be grateful for tips and experience on Miami port embarkations if any have thoughts to share! I’m traveling with incredible/awesome/intrepid 86-year-old aunt who can crush any obstacle, but/and uses a walker/cane.

Any experience/insight/advice would be incredibly welcome!

3 Likes

I think that’s where @OBNurseNH embarked for her cruise. It looked like a pretty smooth process!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Like buttah

2 Likes

I see that you were linked to the relevant part of my recent Dream cruise out of Miami. It was smooth as silk. My recommendation is to aim for as early an arrival time as possible, and then still arrive as close to 10am as you can. Sure you’ll be sitting for a while waiting to board, but you’ll have been through security and check-in and just relaxing in the terminal until your group is called.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I also just embarked from Miami. I agree it was easy. I will say also that it’s a busier port then Canaveral, and the Disney terminal does not feel nearly as “Disney” as Canaveral. e.g., no Mickey entrance portal, no model of a ship to look at while waiting, no great overlook to gaze at the ship itself. But lots of helpful employees and lots of space to sit and wait.

2 Likes