Menu changes when Disney opens

Disney food blog article detailing the items that have been removed from the menus upon reopening. I was looking forward to trying the Tikka Masala at the Wave…

1 Like

Yes I’ve heard a lot of paring down of menus is to be expected.

Not unlike here at home, really. Many of our favorite places have “pandemic menus” which are just a fraction of what they usually offer. Likely a cost-saving measure.

Still, disappointing - I was going to try the bacon and eggs at the Wave.

2 Likes

It’s funny they’re taking away foods and adding alcohol.

2 Likes

It’s beers and wines from what I see. Which makes me wonder more if they are redistributing what they have on hand so as to minimize waste than actually adding to the overall items available in the bubble. Were these things available in other locations previously, in other words, that may not open up right away?

2 Likes

I noticed that according to these lists, NONE of the signatures will be opening

1 Like

My DH was looking forward to trying them as well.
It’s an interesting idea about them redistributing food and drink supplies. They got rid of the perishables at closing through donations, but I’m sure they have a lot of non perishable items on hand.

1 Like

it actually makes more sense finacially… restaurants make more money from alcohol than food orders

2 Likes

not that its a huge deal breaker but some of the options taken off the kids menus is going to make it even tougher for my poor picky eater to actually eat. Its unfortunate. She’s a tough kid to feed at disney believe it or not…

1 Like

I did see that and had a similar thought. My kids (both Disney adults by now) are wicked picky eaters. I need those pizzas and nuggets and chicken breast boring meals so they will have choices LOL

2 Likes

I wonder what they are doing with the produce from The Land as it becomes available? Like the animals, that garden likely needed tending, as well. I wonder if that was also donated, ongoing?

1 Like

mine won’t even eat nuggets from disney. “they taste different”
surprisingly i’m sad about the carrots/cucumber with dip option… she loves that.
List of foods she will eat at disney for meals :
macaroni and cheese (only from LTT or the brewery by boardwalk)
Pizza/ flatbread (her favorite is pinnochios village house
red velvet pancakes from 1900 park fare
plain spaghetti
french fries

of course she will stuff her face with sweets and junk too…

3 Likes

This is pretty much the reason we stopped doing the big popular dinner/buffets/shows
it was such a waste of money!

1 Like

How was I not aware these existed?!

My kids are so picky they don’t even eat chicken nuggets or pizza from most places. It’s either plain noodles, Mac & cheese (kid-friendly varieties), hot dogs, and maybe cheese pizza on a good day. At Mexican we get plain tortillas and/or chips (no salsa). That’s about it.

3 Likes

i don’t know! they are at the breakfast with alice, pooh, mary poppins, tigger and mad hatter.
delicious, but i’m not sure worth $60 for a 6 year old to eat two pancakes.
that pog juice though… just might change my mind…

3 Likes

Make pog juice at home. We have been! It’s great!

4 Likes

I read pog juice as bog juice…
:rofl::joy::rofl::confounded:

2 Likes

The bog juice you get down on the bayou Most people think it’s from France but most people are wrong.

1 Like

Then again maybe it’s just your accent?? :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Obviously!!
:joy::rofl::joy:
Where’s a good french speaking canadiense when you need one???

2 Likes

Aw man I love POG too!!! I have been making it at home though so I’m not completely missing out.

3 Likes