Memory Maker with restrictions is it worth it?

I am struggling with deciding on weather the memory maker will be worth it for our trip next week? We have always purchased it and loved every picture but with mask being required at all times is the money worth it?

It certainly will capture this moment in history!

Still, I’m not sure I would buy it right now if it were not included in my AP

3 Likes

The thing about history is that we don’t have any control over how this moment in history will be viewed by future generations, or even by our future selves a decade or five down the road. We’re living in a time of great uncertainty about what is “right” in our decisions to go out and do things and we’re certainly agonizing over everything that goes along with that, but the lens of time usually blurs out details like that.

I’m not sure how I’d feel 40 years from now when a newspaper publishes a collection of photos from this pandemic, and one of them is captioned “2 women go to Disney World as the COVID-19 pandemic spins out of control around them” amid a dozen others where people are mourning their dead or quarantined inside their homes or facing poverty due to unemployment. I might look back and remember the months of back and forth and worrying that went into the decision to make the trip and just recall how it went well and nobody got sick and we all lived happily ever after, but others looking at it (especially those who won’t remember this period) won’t have that insight. They’ll just see two women going out and having fun while the nation suffers.

2 Likes

I’m still going to purchase it. It’s our memories, masks or not.

The ONLY thing that stresses me out on it is the reports of “no mask, no picture.” Meaning - Disney is scanning each and every ride photo and photo pass pic to make sure all guests are properly wearing their masks. If there is someone without a mask on properly, they will not release the picture to you.

So basically I’ll be pissed if we get put on, lets say SP with my fam in front row, and another couple in back row and they take off their masks…then I won’t get my ride photo.

So sorry if you ride with a complete stranger that reminds you to “please keep your mask on the whole ride” …because that person will be me. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Then it’ll be a good thing they’re wearing masks… whoever they are.:thinking:

1 Like

I already purchased Memory Maker for our May 2020 trip that was obviously cancelled. We rescheduled to May 2021. If they are still doing masks at that point and we decide to go, I’m asking for a refund on the Memory Maker. I don’t think I want to pay $170 to have a bunch of family pictures with masks on our faces. I’ll just take photos with my phone. A friend of ours is coming with us, so she can help as well. So to me, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

We have an mm share group for July and early August if paying much less would help you make the decision.
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/july-early-august-2020-mm-share/72911

1 Like

As of right now, I don’t believe you are put into a ride vehicle with any other party except your own, so you won’t have to worry about that. :wink:

1 Like

There’s the ride videos and we don’t know what distancing looks like on ToT.

I cancelled our MM but our trip is likely off due to two 14 day quarantines.

Yeah, we are a family of 4 so for most rides I’m not totally concerned. However parties of 1 or 2 people are indeed sharing a boat on Splash so I would hate for someone to not get their ride photo due to another person not wearing their mask correctly.

Just something to be aware of :blush: