Memory maker share Sept 2018

Quick question here since this thread seems to have some knowledgeable share leaders. Getting ready to set one up and understand the concept of the dummy account and everyone linking. Two big questions about initial setup:

1. Do you worry about using cc details in the dummy account?
  2. Is there now a way to connect for phots without the dummy account being able to view all reservation details?

Two questions about downloading:

1. I remember there being something about needing to download one photo to officially activate the MM. Reminder please?
  2. Can we download as many times and as often as we want within the 45 day period? I know most people try to only do a couple master downloads but am curious if that is just easier from and organization perspective or if it will break the system if done differently.

TIA

1. I purchased the MM in my primary account and then assigned it to “Friend Me” owner of the dummy account so no cc info was shared in the dummy account.
  2. Yes, when you invite yourself and others to join the dummy account, each checks the “View only Shared Plans” button
    Downloading:
  3. I don’t recall this being an issue, I think I just clicked download all
  4. Yes, you can download as many times as you want. It’s not just a 45 day period; each photo expires 45 days from when it was taken, so the first photo will expire after 45 days, but you can continue to download the other photos until they expire. But remember that the site creates download files each time you download either individual or all photos, you then actually download those download files, and it can get confusing which download files you actually want if you create a whole bunch. I think the download files stay around for 7 days.

You only get 30 days to download from the time of activation.

And although you can download as often as you want during that time frame, the more downloads created the slower the system gets. That is why one or two group downloads are recommended when sharing. The system will already be slow due to the volume of photos.

I agree with this mostly! The issue comes about if you link someone who does not have their own MDE account like a child. There is no way to block those profiles’s plans from the dummy account.

Okay - so I know how to set it up, but I do have a group that has not done it before. What warnings would you give to make sure that no one accidentally changes another individuals plans?

Could that only happen if you were accidentally logged into the dummy account while trying to make a reservation etc?

Thanks for - so helpful since I haven’t done it in two years. Just a couple quick clarifying questions:

1. This is fabulous. I saw something in forum about this being the way to do it. Just to be clear, you were able to purchased the Memory Maker using your regular MDE account and then transfer the ownership of that memory maker package to the dummy account. Fairly easy to do I’m guessing?

2. Okay, I was just trying to remember if there was anything you had to do to trigger Memory Maker to “Start”. For example. I’m planning on buying it in the next month so we’re set and squared away, but the first trip doesn’t start until January. Do I have to do anything to tell MM my 30 day window?

Depending on everyone’s travel dates, I would recommend not giving anyone access to the dummy account until edits and downloads are ready to be started. I also ask everyone to stop by a photo pass location and have only their own photos added to their MDE for the group photo cards like belle and Jedi training. Otherwise you end up with bunches of photos that are not needed and bog down the system. I assign everyone an edit window and I always create the downloads for the share. Everyone goes in and grabs their photos from the my downloads section. Remind them edits must be done in the dummy account.

Yep very easy!

The first 1st download/removing the water mark starts your 30 days. Be very careful about this because depending on how spread out you are someone could miss their photos if started too early or too late.

I think that makes sense. Pertinent to my share, the earliest trip start Jan 19 and the latest park day is Feb 10. We’re at a 23 day span, so should be easily safe to download at any time.

That being said, we do have quite a bit of overlap. So I like the idea of giving everyone set days to access and edit and then me managing the downloads.

Can you tell me a little more about the group photo cards - we haven’t done belle but will be definitely going this time since we’re taking my niece. Do they just give you one card that has all the photos from the experience no matter if they are you or not?

Yes exactly this. The card could have 250 photos but only 5-10 with your party that you would actually want.

Gotcha - that makes sense. So when you take that card to a photo pass location you have the CM add only the ones you select. All is clear! You are spectacular :slight_smile:

I may be at WDW Sept 23-25. Anyone with experience still have a spot on a share group? I’ve done MM before but don’t really understand the logistics of this, so if someone with experience is doing it I’d be in.
Thanks

One quick question, because I’m 99% I’m right but I also don’t want to be wrong :slight_smile:

If I am traveling on January 19 and capture pictures in the park, but I don’t activate the memory maker on the dummy account until January 28 (provides a better window for all members of the group to edit before we do a mass download). I will still be able to access my pictures from before I activated because they won’t have expired. Even though they were taken before we activated, they will still be available for download on MDE. Correct?

Yes correct. You have 45 days. Pictures expire on a rolling 45 day basis.

1 Like