Memory Maker Share for September 2015

I will be traveling to Disney World in early September (starting 9-5), and I would like to see if anyone is interested in doing a Memory Maker share group for this time period. I would prefer for my dates to be the start of the Memory Maker share - so that would mean that the Memory Maker would run from September 5 through October 4.

I have organized a previous Memory Maker share for a trip that I took back in May and that worked out well. If you are not familiar with what a Memory Maker share group is, basically you get a group of people together who are all going to be traveling to Disney World around the same time and you split the cost of the Memory Maker package. You have 30 days from the date that the first picture was taken until the last picture is taken. Then you have a period of time (I believe it is something like 60-90 days?) to actually go in and download those pictures.

The advantage to doing this is is that the entire group can split the cost of one Memory Maker share package. So instead of paying $169 you get to split the cost between the number of groups that you have.

I have 15 people in my party, and as I mentioned we are traveling starting September 5th. If anyone is interested in joining up with my group to do a Memory Maker share please reply to this thread.

We will be at WDW September 20-25. Definitely interested in chatting more about doing a share! :slight_smile:

Those dates would definitely work! Hopefully we will be able to get some others to join in as well. I think for my last trip we had six different groups which brought the cost down to $28.17 each. I’d love to get at least 4 groups this time (so me, you, and at least two others), and up to six total. Let’s give it a little while longer and see if there is any other interest. Thanks for replying!

1 Like

We are also traveling starting Sept. 5. Our first real day at the parks is Sept. 6. Departing Sept. 13. So lines up well with your travel. We are interested.

Great! That makes three interested parties. Let’s give it a little while longer to see if we can get some more interested also.

I’ve never totally understood what a MM share meant before! What a useful thing… I’m doing a solo trip 9/20-23 and MM is so expensive that I never even considered it. But with this sort of thing, I think I would be interested! I might be in my 30s but Mom still wants pictures for her fridge.

I had never done a Memory Maker Share (or even a Memory Maker with just my own family) before my last trip this May. My wife and I were going by ourselves to celebrate our tenth anniversary, and we knew that we would want some pictures, but we were also on a tight budget and didn’t want to designate $169 just for pictures. So we did a Memory Maker Share and now we are hooked. The pictures (and some videos) that you get are awesome.

Alright…so now we have four groups that are interested. With just us four, the cost would be $42.25 per group, but if we get two additional groups then the cost would drop to $28.17 each. Let’s do this…I am going out of town for a business trip tomorrow and I will be back in town on Wednesday of next week. Let’s leave this thread up on the message board and see if we can get any more interested parties between now and then, but if we don’t, is everyone here OK with splitting a Memory Maker share with just us four groups?

Have a great weekend everyone! I’ll try to check in nightly while I am on my trip if someone posts something here.

It sounds great! I had figured I could swing some money for pictures and would just love to have the freedom of MM. I would love to have the lower cost from six groups, but I’m in for the cost if it is four. Thanks for this!

You’re very welcome. I too hope some more groups will join - but we will see if there are any other interested parties.

Are you on the facebook group for Sept 15 Liners? Maybe we should cross-post there.

Yes I did join over there just a few days ago. I will post there now to see if anyone else wants to join. Thanks!

1 Like

May I please “borrow” the wording in your post…I want to start a group share for end of January / early Feb?

We will be there sept sept 5/6 a sept 9 short trip. Never did a share before so not all together sure how it works with our mde, so educate me! lol

Absolutely - copy away, and good luck finding some other groups!

A Memory Maker Share is basically sharing one memory maker between a number of different groups of people. The advantage to this is that you get to split the cost of the Memory Maker. The disadvantages are that when you are wanting to look at your pictures you will also see other people in your pictures. For instance, you will be there at the same time as I will be. So when you go to look at your pictures you will see pictures of you and also pictures of me. That’s really it…I did it for the first time back in May and I loved it. The pictures that you get are awesome and I want to do it every trip from now on.

Let me know if you are interested in joining.

Yes! Let me know what I need to do etc

1 Like

Will do! I am out of town today but I will try to touch base with everyone tomorrow to get things set up.

1 Like

I’m out of town too - smack in the middle of moving from new jersey to Minneapolis, but will keep an eye out for instructions! Disney planning is my stress relief :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Is the group full? I will be at WDW8/29 to 9/12. Would be a group of 3. Not worth doing alone as none of the three of us like having our picture taken. Do the Disney photographers take scenic shots. Ie the castle ? If there is room could you let me know details? Thanks

The group is not full yet, and we would love to have you. I guess they do take some scenic pictures, but it’s more just stock photos of the parks when they are empty. They are nice pictures, but in my opinion, they are not worth getting the Memory Maker package for.

With that said, even if you don’t like to take pictures, I think you will change your mind after having the Memory Maker. Just the ride photos alone are worth it in my opinion. And then the pictures that you can take in front of the castle, Spaceship Earth, etc…there are SO many opportunities and the pictures really turn out great. I think you will be very happy with them.

Your dates would work with everyone else, so if you want to join let me know.

In the meantime, if everyone else who is interested in joining our share group would email me your TouringPlans username and your trip dates to andrew@tomlinsonsales.com I will start making a list and getting everything together. I also have a .pdf file that I can email to everyone that explains how a Memory Maker share works a little more. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks!

1 Like