Memory Maker? If we don't, will we have ANY family pics?

On past trips we have purchased the Memory Maker. For our upcoming trip in October, I did not add it. I figured with no character meet & greets, no character meals and having masks on all the time that it was not worth it. But then I started thinking that maybe cast members and other guests wouldn’t be allowed/willing to touch our phones or camera to take photos of us…

Advice? Experiences?

They have already said that CMs will not be allowed to touch your phone or camera.
I have Memory Maker for December, but I am considering that it won’t be worth the cost.

2 Likes

We have memory maker on our account from our trip that was supposed to happen this past May. We are scheduled to go next May, but if there is still character limitations, I will most likely request my money back. We have a friend going with us that can help with some photos, but other than that it will be selfies for pictures of the whole family.

1 Like

Maybe consider buying a 1 day MM as it is much cheaper. And really try to get as many pictures as possible! Or see about a MM share?

1 Like

We were at Hollywood studios the other day a couple asked my husband if he would take their picture for them and of course he said yes happily and I immediately begin scanning the area for hand sanitizer… When he was done he gave the phone back to them they were very pleased and he held out his hand to get his phone back from me and I told him we’re going to go find hand sanitizers first, what were you thinking.? It’s all good, but it’s something to consider and I wouldn’t ask CM and they’re not required to right now. I guess what I’m saying is that other guests might be willing to take pictures for you but be aware of your surroundings

3 Likes

We went to Universal recently and I regret not figuring out the time-delay photo function on my phone before we went. The ONLY photos with me are of the one Hagrid’s ride photo I got (was free since we had an unexpired photopass from a previous trip), a few photos from rides at the waterpark and that was it. We stopped off at the beach in Destin at the way home and there was one other family within sight. I asked the mom to take our photo but she couldn’t figure it out so I told her it was fine.
If I’d thought of time-delay, I could have gotten some photos of all of us waiting for our food at restaurants. Instead it just of DD or DD and DH.

1 Like

You don’t need to purchase MM - you can still visit the photopass photographers and just buy individual photos. That only works if you only plan on getting 1 or 2 though.
I had MM last year as part of my AP, and I didn’t find it to be something I’d pay for in the future. I wouldn’t buy or print out ride photos, and I am not a fan of the magic shots.

1 Like

We took lots of selfies. There was no way I was going to pay for memory maker with two girls (17 and 20) who are not interested in posing/waiting for pics from the photographers. But I definitely wanted pics of us. Practice your selfie game before you go! There’s no shame in it especially during a pandemic!

2 Likes

For some reason there was no Photopass photographer in front of the castle when we arrived at the MK, but a lady said she would take our photo and we could then take theirs. The swap worked find and we ended up with our castle photo as a result.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’d decline to do it if I didn’t have have sanitizer available. But then, I always have hand sanitizer… :laughing:

2 Likes