Memory Maker - do I need a new car?

Hi - we are first time visitors to WDW leaving Sunday 17 Aug. Everyone is extremely excited !

We’ve pre-purchaed the Memory Maker offer as my little ones love to have Meet n Greet photos and it usually ends up costing me a fortune when I go to buy them at the end of the holiday.

When we went to EuroDisney the photographers gave us one card which we could link all of our photos too and then decide which ones we wanted at the end of the holiday. However the instructions on Memory Maker say we have to collect a RF card from an admission booth before entering the park. (We are staying off sight so no magic bands).

Do we need to bother with this or could we get a normal photo card linked to our account anyway ? How long are the queues at the admission booths normally ?

Thanks for any help

Rob

I’m not completely sure, but since they are two separate parks, I’d err on the side of caution and pick up the new card as instructed. Or maybe bring the card you have and see if they can be sure it will still work.

Just supposing here, since I’m not exactly sure if this will work, but can you also buy a magic band on your first day and have it linked to MM (through your MDE account)? I would think that would be the easiest way to do things, as it will have all the long-range RFID in place so your ride pics will show up automagically, etc.