Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

If Pete Warner is the guy who does the DIS podcast, I get the impression from all his reviews that if it is not served on a silver platter and fed to him, he won’t like it. I got tired of listening to him mock his co-hosts (and apparently people who work for his travel agency) for booking “common” rooms while he was in the top suites.

I guess people like him, but I find him an insufferable snob.

4 Likes

I mean, we are still very much in the thick of it so… maybe not? LOL

2 Likes

He is that guy but he is not that way. He is very much happy to sing their praises when they get it right. He is also not drinking the kool aid and has no problem criticizing when appropriate.

I’m sorry you find him that way. He doesn’t mock his team - they exchange friendly sarcastic banter. There’s a big difference.

2 Likes

It definitely doesn’t come off that way to me. He comes off as a snob to my ears.

It’s fine. There are other podcasts I prefer.

Chocolate and vanilla. :smiley:

1 Like

I get that vibe from him as well. I kind of think that is the “role” he is going for…and perhaps it is good to offset some of the others who appear on the show who seem to love everything they do at Disney…but yeah, Pete really starts to annoy me. We haven’t watched his show for quite some time.

3 Likes

I think there could be a whole thread on podcasts we will no longer listen to and why. Of course when I post why I will never listen to your favorite podcaster (general statement not directed at anyone) I will offend/hurt someone and it will all go downhill from there….

8 Likes

So much this.

5 Likes

Do people get offended when they don’t agree on who they like/dislike? It doesn’t hurt nor offend me, for example, that I enjoy watching DFBGuide while others…don’t. We all like and dislike different things. And sometimes understanding the reasons behind those likes and dislikes gives us new insight in either direction we hadn’t considered.

3 Likes

There are members here that are active members in other communities (sometimes created by podcasters). Because of these close associations it is like a family member is being criticized.

5 Likes

It’s the way things are said sometimes.

That’s been a tough lesson for me to learn. I’m still working on it. But that’s the key.

You could say, “I don’t care for that podcast” or you could say "that guy comes off as a real asshole ". One will be more prickly than the other and I’ll let you guess which one, especially to the person who just loves that podcast.

This. Honestly the comment above got my back up in a big way. I’m in a weird place today anyway (there’s a bunch of shit going on here at work) and I’m trying to temper myself accordingly. But I have listened to the Dis for over a decade now and I love those guys like you don’t even know. It did feel a little like saying something terrible about a dear friend.

7 Likes

I guess I feel differently.

Many years ago, I had heard an interview with Bill Gates, among other things about his life that made me really not like the guy. He actually kind of scared me based on the things he said.

I was talking with a coworker about Bill Gates sometime later, expressing my concerns. As it turns out, he knew Bill personally, and had worked alongside him. He shared a completely different side to Bill that deepened my understanding of who he was, changing some of my opinions of him.

Without having expressed my thoughts and feelings about him, I would have never learned more about him in that way and would likely have continued to this day in my attitude toward him.

Of course, how we express things plays a role (although even that can up to interpretation at times) in how others take things.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted! (jk)
I find Disney Dish to be consistent, but I wax and wane on other ones. Usually it is because they’ve given some bad information and don’t bother to correct it.

2 Likes

Well let me blow up the thread by saying that I recently discovered that WDWNT has a YouTube channel and that I like it.

3 Likes

Delivery is key! It’s also easily misinterpreted in text.

5 Likes

Or, podcasts we are unable to and miss…

11 Likes

Too soon.

5 Likes

We sometimes offend people when we don’t intend to. It’s bound to happen in any interaction. I try my best to not offend anyone, but when that happens and I realize it, I apologize.

Its is no one’s fault, it just happens.

3 Likes

10000000%

:cry:

I still have the last episode in my podcast feed. I have listened to it. I will not delete it.

3 Likes