Meandering discussion including but not limited to Disney shows, child behavior, speech therapy, song lyrics, autoimmune disorders, peanut butter substitutes, hygiene, and wine

Now I feel a song coming on.

“Oh I like greasy, grimey gopher guts, marmaladed* Monkey’s feet, little baby parakeet. French-fried eyeballs swimming in a pool of blood. Oops! I forgot my spoon.”

(*) In some versions, I’ve seen this “mutilated” rather than “marmaladed”. Pick your poison.

3 Likes

“Mutilated” in the version I heard.

But I was totally serious about the gastronomic potentialities of squirrel.

2 Likes

Me Too!

Wait. I’m not old. At least, I’m pretty sure I’m not old.

I’m definitely not from Wales. Though I have seen the border of the country from across the way.

I’m certainly not retired. Though that sounds like it could be fun some day.

I guess except for those three things, we’re just exactly alike, right?? :smiley:

2 Likes

Had a great time with all of you this week. See you guys on Monday AM. Cheers !

4 Likes

I feel used. … weekday friends. Hmmmm.:joy:

2 Likes

Pod! Please buy new luggage if you ever plan a trip to Israel! Even little old me had luggage swabbed there.

2 Likes

Wow, yikes! I’d hate to think what would happen if we weren’t in our hometown- never mind being in a foreign country. :worried: I can talk my way out of most anything but probably not that!

1 Like

Hahahahaha…sorry… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sorry. We went out with friends on Friday night. Saturday morning (into the afternoon) we volunteer for a Detroit tutoring/mentorship program. After we got home, it was off to grocery shopping, then dinner, then our oldest son came over and we visited. Sunday morning was church, and it was my daughter’s birthday.

I did manage to get a nap in, though, so perhaps I should have sacrificed that for your benefit here? Yes. That’s what I should have done. How ever selfish of me. I hope you can forgive my putting my own egotistical actions ahead of yours! :wink:

2 Likes

LOL you sure know how to make people feel good hehehe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you remember when week-ends seemed to last forever and all you had to worry about was what games you would play and with whom ??? Now, week-ends are almost as much work as actual work and last like 3 seconds… :frowning:

1 Like

:wink: Yes, well. It’s what they pay me for! (Wait. You all DO get paid for this, right?)

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Sounds like a dangerous combination…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

How nice to see you!:slight_smile:

1 Like

However, I detect that you may have been the Pied Piper here…:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I was just thinking this is how the Daily Thread used to be. There would be a perfectly normal beginning, followed by complete chaos. And it was so much fun!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks. Its nice to be seen…(hopefully I can get past the blue box of too many responses to you) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

…and the associated problem is that I sometimes don’t know which post you are actually responding to!:joy:

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re serious, but in case people don’t know, just click on the arrow that points to the person to whom you’re replying and the original post will show up.

4 Likes

How clever. I didn’t know. Thank you.

1 Like