Meandering discussion including but not limited to Disney shows, child behavior, speech therapy, song lyrics, autoimmune disorders, peanut butter substitutes, hygiene, and wine

same experience only different drink ordered :slight_smile:

This evokes the scene from Elf. “Passion Fruit Spray?”

1 Like

Oh, don’t say that! You never want to be an interesting subject!

2 Likes

Lavender is my worst and it is in SO MANY THINGS. I have had to ban people from buying me scented anything because it’s just not worth it

1 Like

I did not know Tokyo was a hotspot for meth heads.

1 Like

You should! Have you heard of Dr. Sarah Ballantyne? She’s a biophysicist that has done a ton of research on food allergies and autoimmune disease. They did a study on the efficacy of the Autoimmune Protocol on crohns and colitis and the results were encouraging. They are now doing a study on hashimotos. I’m sure your family would make a great test case for a graduate student to write his/her thesis on.

1 Like

I considered migraines but I don’t get an aura, nausea or pain in only one side of my head (it’s worse around one eye but that’s the side that swells and is my narrowest most easily annoyed sinus). Also sumatriptan doesn’t seem to work (although pain killers in general don’t work, I just wear my sunglasses until it dies off). Speaking of which, if you see a girl at an indoor Disney show wearing dark glasses, that’s probably me, flashing and bright lights also set me off :joy:. I thought I was having a migraine with a visual aura the other day but it turned out some teenagers were shining a laser pointer through the window at work, I was not pleased :rage:

1 Like

I’ve been reading up on it, apparently anything that could be considered an ‘upper’ is banned. Including nasal sprays and the like. You can be deported for having it in your luggsge. I had a bit of a cry at that because flights are the absolute worst for setting my sinuses off and I’ll have to search my bags extra thoroughly as I have at least 2 tablets in every one

3 Likes

Well at least you can take some for the plane ride there I guess. I hope you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, me too!!

1 Like

Yes, you have to be careful with that stuff you think is routine, and other people don’t. My husband’s hobby is high-powered rocketry- (almost literally burns money- solid rocket propellant is really expensive) any way, we didn’t even come close to passing the wipe test one time- yikes.

It’s a good thing the people at the airport know him- among other things, he has to call in for FAA waivers!

4 Likes

Oh my, that is some intense hobby !!! I like reading… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It goes without saying, we usually go to Cape Canaveral on our Disney trips. :wink:

(Whew- I’m back on topic!).

2 Likes

They burn the inside of her mouth. And she has to be careful not to touch any to her lips or they’ll swell. We were married 23 years before some other issues forced her to see an allergist. He’s the one who, for the same reason you pointed out, badgered her into carrying an epi-pen when she told him in no uncertain terms that she wasn’t giving up avocados. She’s lived with it since childhood, so it doesn’t really register in her mind as something to be worried about.

4 Likes

I work in a pharmacy as well so I’m always worried about some kind of trace. Never been one of the random checks yet but it’s only a matter of time…

3 Likes

Philosophy time and WAY OFF TOPIC…

You, sir, are assuming that, the intelligence behind the design is benevolent and all knowing and therefore should have just gotten it right the first time and not messed with the design.

We could be that intelligent being’s science experiment. As in, “yep, that works, but scratch that model.” We also might not be said intelligent being’s final product. We are evolving, after all. It’s hubris to assume we are the end design.

Finally, it’s also possible that the intelligence is malevolent and enjoys our suffering.

5 Likes

“The rivers are full of crocodile nasties, and He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.” - Bungle in the Jungle (Gospel of Jethro Tull).

3 Likes

You my friend are in the right place for that LOL

I like these ways of thought. For example, do you know about the simulation hypothesis ? According to it, if the universe is infinite, there are infinite forms of life in it and thus infinite technological means exist and thus our universe could be nothing but a very detailed simulation. Many such simulations already exist in different video games. Maybe we are all just part of some alien children cell phone game !!! :crazy_face:

I don’t really think that though. I think we are just the result of interesting physicochemical properties of matter mixed with (bad or good ?) luck. :smiley:

1 Like

Squirrel!

1 Like

Very tasty fried, or boiled with rice.

Betcha didn’t see that tangent coming.

2 Likes