Me Time

I’ll swing by to say hi, if you are still there!:smiley:

3 Likes

RISE is having a hard day! After getting off MF, I saw people running through the empty RISE outside queue. I joined them. We came to a stop deep inside. It moved a bit and then it got quiet! The ride noise halted! :weary: The guests exclaimed in frustration. I bailed after 30 minutes.

DL is wall to wall of people right now, along the river and on Main Street. I’m sitting on the street waiting for fireworks.

After this, I’ll pick up the cream cheese pretzel I ordered for DH. I hope to get in Pirates before Fantasmic.

8 Likes

Enjoy!! Good luck moving through the crowd!

3 Likes

You are living it up at Disneyland today! Hope the fireworks were great and that you enjoy Fantasmic! The BB package is the best way to see it stress free.

4 Likes

I hope you made it out okay. It must be stressful to drive the scooters around with the wall to wall of people.

2 Likes

I agree that this is the least stressful way to get a spot to watch Fantasmic. It was hard work though inching with the wall to wall of people from Main Street to Harbor Gallery, where the dining package queue starts. Unlike the sardine feeling on Main Street, it’s spacious in the BB viewing area.

11 Likes

We did ok. Thanks for thinking of us. We left early enough that the crowds weren’t too crazy yet.

4 Likes

I think there are Genie+ drops throughout the day. The times would later when I look at them. I look again later and earlier times are available.

1 Like

In case this helps: during Halloween the cookie cart didn’t open until 3pm and there was a line by 2:30pm

1 Like

Okay, that means I won’t be able to buy any then I guess…plane leaves at 2:30pm :cry:

But I can still check out the house for viewing pleasure! So that’s still worth it!

I was able to snag one of these with a reservation finder…I’m very glad. I really wanted to try the River Belle Terrace one so I could have an actual chair and not be sitting on cold ground and still kind of squeezed in like this looks (Crowds like these cause panic in me). But I never could get one…I still have the reservation finder set for it and it’s been set since before the 60 days so I think they just don’t release those for 1 person or they aren’t doing it there right now? I really loved back in the day when they did the dessert party for this (which I am doing for WoC) because having a real chair to sit in helps with the cold and crowded feeling. I am doing 2nd show too to avoid the crowds but sounds like I’m still gonna deal with it. BB has alcohol right? That might help calm my nerves.

For the fireworks, which I plan to do a different night than Fantasmic so I don’t have to try to squeeze thru the nightmare that is NOS area entrance from Frontier/Adventurelands during Fantasmic I was going to do the Skyline Terrace but then you don’t get the snow on main street or the castle (or iasw or water sprays in NOS area projections) additions so though it would eliminate the crowds I decided to cancel it and try to squeeze myself in on Main Street. I may regret that decision. I wish Plaza Inn would do the fireworks viewing for Christmas fireworks but they only do it for the parade :frowning: And I also know that these fireworks get canceled a lot so I may have to try and squeeze them in b/w BB and Fantasmic like you did if they get canceled the first night I try. Stupid Southern Cali winds! LOL It happened to me twice where I had waited an hour for fireworks each time at Christmas so I’ve never seen the Christmas ones.

3 Likes

Driving the nearly 400 miles home. With the exception of last night, it was a nice, stress free pace and relaxing.

14 Likes

oh, you brought home a friend for Chip n’ Dale :smirk:

2 Likes

400 miles?!?:astonished:

3 Likes

Oh I miss the Fantasmic! dessert parties. I took people who would never have considered waiting in a huge crowd for long periods and watching their faces when the dragon came out was always amazing!

4 Likes

Okay, your report of the crowds and I rebooked the Skyline Terrace Lounge for fireworks…I’ll just miss the snow/projections! I feel like it’ll really help my crowd anxiety so worth it but let’s just hope they don’t cancel 'em that night!

4 Likes

We got home 30 minutes ago! It’s starting to :cloud_with_rain:. The car is unloaded. Soup and bread for dinner!:yum:

14 Likes

Grogu was my travel companion. I already own him. DS gifted him to me a couple of years ago. I got so many compliments about him as I carried him from my room to the car this morning!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Yep! The journey usually takes 7 1/2 hours with a couple of stops. Going to San Diego is about 100 miles longer than DLR. It normally takes us 9 hours to get to San Diego from home. One time it took us over 12 hours to get to San Diego because of traffic from LA County all the way to San Diego!:rage::weary:

5 Likes

The 2nd showing of Fantastic for the BB section was not crowded at all. It is much more crowded during the 1st showing judging by the number of people who were in line when I went by to look at the location, ahead of the 1st showing. River Belle Terrace would be nice because you get a seat and I think maybe a better view. I appreciated having a spot for viewing that I didn’t have to stake out hours ahead but I didn’t like having to seat on the ground for it. The railing gets in the way.

Yes it does! You can sit there for a couple of hours and enjoy a few!

DL felt crowded to me last night and during some days in the New Orleans area. I was thankful I was on my own and not having to hold on tightly to loved ones so that we wouldn’t be separated in the crowd and darkness. As I was inching to New Orleans after fireworks, my mind was thinking of stampedes! :worried: And that just stressed me out! I was told by a CM at the fireworks that the park wasn’t very crowded that evening! :weary:

Get to WOC about an hour early to pick your seat.

That is a great idea, if you have the time and they are putting on the shows! During Wednesday through Friday of my visit, fireworks and Fantastic were only on Friday.

CMs were trying to direct traffic from Main Street through Adventureland to get to New Orleans and from New Orleans to Main Street through Frontierland. They were mostly successful.

This isn’t a great picture but I stood right behind the rope on Main Street. This was adjacent to Refreshment Corner, before Jolly Holiday. In front of me was a pathway the CMs had roped off. While I was pressed from behind and to my sides by the masses, I didn’t have anyone in front of me. Well, I let this little girl stand in front of me at the last minute because I felt sorry for her. But she no taller than my waist.

Here’s the crowd behind me!

Yes, high winds! They are dangerous in the fall because they can spread wildfires. :grimacing:

7 Likes