MDE will let me book 4 days in a specific room, but not just 2 of those days...any workarounds?

Oops, sorry for being a bad infuence!

1 Like

And I now have a club level room booked at BWI. It was the cheapest option I could get. I don’t know if I’ll keep it. I need to talk to my agent at MVT. I probably should have gone through her to begin with, but I got too excited!

1 Like

Now I’m considering an Ultimate Day of Thrills tour instead (or VIP Tour if I can find people that want to do a share). Yes, I would love to stay CL at BWI, but the tour would be a cheaper option. Plus, I feel like it will be a huge let down to start at BWI and then move to CSR. All y’all’s fancy talk about tier-busting FPs has made a mess of my plans! I’m looking at you too @Pod! :wink::joy:

1 Like

Hehehehe. :wink:
We really did love the BWI, though. The Club lounge was awesome, although it can get crowded as it is small.

I’ve never stayed at an Epcot resort (this is only our second trip), and I realllllllly want to. I gotta stop throwing money at problems! But it just seems like such an efficient way to solve them!

1 Like

Well, they say time is money, which means…
Money is time.
That’s the way I look at. We often spend money to avoid things as much as we spend money to do things. One of the things we really like avoid is standing in line.

1 Like

And time is very precious!

1 Like

It’s the one thing you really can’t get more of, no matter what. Some people can save money, but no one can save time. We’re always spending it. So the question is, what do you want to spend it on? I spent my time badly in the past, and I’m so done with that.

2 Likes

Amen!

1 Like

And now booking is available for just the 2 days. So weird. I think I feel better staying club at CSR than BWI because it won’t be such a shock going from CSR club to regular CSR. I was starting to dread the disappointment of the downgrade!

I am the same way, unfortunately, at least when it comes to Disney!

1 Like

So, back to CSR CL?

Possibly. But I’m having trouble justifying it. We have an ADR heavy trip planned (DxDDP split between 2 rooms). We really wouldn’t get much use out of the lounge. I can make all my own reservations, I actually like doing so. So basically, it would be for the FPs. If we do the Ultimate Day of Thrills that’s essentially 9 or 10 FPs. And it would be a few hundred dollars cheaper. We also wouldn’t have to change rooms. Which brings me to the other thing I’m struggling with - we fly in late. Like 10pm arrival. So I don’t want to pay for a club room that night. Which means we’d find somewhere super cheap to stay that first night. Which defeats the whole purpose of flying in the night before…I wanted us to wake up in the World all settled and ready to go. So yeah, I’m thinking tour now. But at the end of the day, I’m hoping for TSL EMM because that would cut the cost way down and make it easy to do RnRC and ToT with FPs on 2 half days, or RD one right at EMM and FP the other. Though I may be willing to shell out the cash for a private tour if it gets us into SWGE and on the rides. So many different directions!

1 Like

Your mind works like mine! I am constantly trying to figure out what the best plan is both financially and in saving time/getting to do what we want. I spend far too much time obsessing over these details. Now I am off to look at the Ultimate thrills tour, just in case that works out better! :smile:

1 Like

Now I get to be the bad influence on you!

1 Like

The tour looks great except for no Test Track in Epcot, and no visit to AK. That seems odd. I wish the lineup for the 11 rides was Soarin, Test Track, FOP, EE, SDD, TSMM, RNRC, TOT, 7D, Space, and BTMR.

1 Like

I agree, that would be a better lineup. I think there’s no AK because they have a separate Night of Thrills (or something like that) tour just in AK. Since the primary goal of the CL FPs for me was to bust the tiers at HS, the current lineup would serve that purpose. But your lineup is better!

1 Like

And now I’ve booked CSR CL! I got to thinking about how hard FPs will be the first couple of days of our trip since it is Thanksgiving. So I booked the first 3 nights of our stay in CL. Is it a bit of a waste that first night since we won’t get there until almost midnight? Probably. But beats changing hotels in the morning.

1 Like

I think you made a good choice. People keep posting how hard it is to get FPPs for FOP and SDD for their 4th day of the trip, and that is during August before GE even opens…so a much slower time than the holidays. I think it will be impossible to get the hot FPPs for the first 3-4 days of the trip without this. Not only do you get the extra 3 a day, but your regular FPPs are also booked at 90 days out, so you get exactly what you want (kind of like how I used to with an overlapping reservation to get my FPP at 70 days out or so. Now I just have to pay for it. :laughing:). I would never have paid for FPP before, we have always managed fantastically with same day drops plus great pre-booked ones. BUT, the busiest time of year, not being easily able to secure them before 60 days out…it makes the cost of CL completely worth it.
Oh, the concierge people called me today to chat about our stay. The guy was wonderful, he went over all the info about the paid FPP. This is going to be awesome!

2 Likes

Yes! This is what put me over the edge. Now I’m a little nervous for the second half of our trip though. I have an AK morning planned for 60+6, but that now becomes 60+4 of the “regular” stay. Crowd calendar has it as a 2, so hopefully I’ll still get FOP. I’ll be doing it with the CL passes, but it’s always fun to do again :slight_smile:

Now I need to call and cancel my BWI stay.

1 Like