MDE App question

One day away- tell me about the MDE app. What parts of the app am I going to use and what parts can I ignore? I will NOT have genie+ but we do have a memory maker.

I use my MDE app to make ADR, APR, check wait times on the maps, use the maps for locations, and you will see your photos from Mem Maker on the app too. Oh, you check in at resort and ADRs as well.

ETA: I can see my resort statement and account balances (purchases made and charged to my room)

3 Likes

You can use the app to see when your room is ready

2 Likes

I use the mobile order:

And then I retrieve my orders using the hamburger menu

Also, as @vcka said, I look under my resort for my room number, and to check charges.

1 Like

You can use the app to find locations of restrooms! Plus other categories of locations, as already mentioned.

2 Likes

Oh how could I forget about MO. I use it all the time :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I did the screen shots because I remember how long it took me to figure out how to retrieve the orders!

3 Likes

That’s nice. The one I always ask a CM to remind me how to use is the MO at the store. I LOVE being able to avoid to line and it automatically applies your discount if you’re signed in

1 Like

How do I find restrooms? That would be huge to know!

1 Like

On my Android phone (but you can use MDE on any device):

1. Select the upside down teardrop symbol at the bottom of the screen (the map location icon). It will then display a map view of WDW. The default setting is “Wait Times”, and all the numbers shown are the posted waits at attractions.
  2. Click on the “Wait Times” and it will bring up a list of other things it can display.
  3. Click on “Restrooms” and it will change the items showing on the map to be restroom symbols. You can zoom in to see the fine details of where one is.

1 Like

I have never heard it referred as that. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

It’s not a term I usually use, but I’ve seen other people describe it that way. I’m not sure of the usual term - location pin?

2 Likes

Waypoint.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard it called that and I’d have never guessed what it meant! My vote goes to upside down teardrop.

3 Likes