McIntosh Family 1st Trip: A Tale

Thanks for writing more. It IS hard to write about a difficult experience, but I find that I feel better after.

1 Like

Thanks for coming back. Enjoying so much. Can relate so well to your trip. My girls are older now but boy oh boy. Disney is the great equalizer. A great place to learn to stop and go with the flow. Also sorry for your loss.

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker @Wahoohokie @SallyEppcot @Colleen68 Thank you for the warm reception. It feels really good to be back and engaged with what’s going on. I missed you guys.

3 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear of your family’s loss. Thank you for updating your story! I could not stop laughing at the “get that Anna out of my Elsa” part! We, too, experienced the Osborne Lights in the pouring rain on our trip. It always seems to rain on us when we visit HS but we still have fun. I’m glad that your family did too! Please continue sharing your trip @JonMcIntosh!

2 Likes

Love reading this! I feel your pain and joy; DD9,6,&3! I have laughed and cried reading your report and can’t wait for more. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for coming back @JonMcIntosh your stories are very entertaining. Our trip that started as yours was ending was also packed to the gills with things to do and see and got derailed a few times but we wouldn’t change it for anything. I look forward to reading more, hope you stick around once your done. After all it’s only a matter of time before you start planning your next trip :wink:

2 Likes

Aww that was great! I can totally empathise - it’s a joyful thing taking little kids to WDW, but there are challenges too! I certainly had a few moments in my last trip where I had to have a stern word with myself and say, ‘this is not even close to a real world problem!’ and move on and carry on with the fun.

1 Like

I am so glad you came back!! This was so fun to read! I was seriously just laughing out loud at the “get that anna out of my elsa!”.
I hope you are all doing okay after the death of your father in law. I was very sorry to read about that. Take care and I cant wait to read the next few installments of your trip (please don’t make us wait 2 months for it though!! :wink:)

2 Likes

I’m happy to see you’re back with the next chapter of your story! As maddening as they can be, I like to think of downpours, derailments, and detours as opportunities for new and improved adventures for the next trip. And yes, yes, yes…wet at Disney is better than dry at home!

1 Like

Welcome back!!! Can’t wait to hear more… Of course! And the saying any disney is better then any home holds true in myind for sure! (Ps the " get that Anna out of my Elsa" made me lol sorry!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back! Your travel tales are always very entertaining!

2 Likes

Welcome back @JonMcIntosh! Thank you for, once again, sharing your trip - the amazing and the bumpy - with us. You better believe we care! :smile: I’m, once again, jealous of your congregation who get to listen to you every Sunday!

1 Like

@JonMcIntosh thank god you’re back!!! I checked and checked and checked… So happy to read your water logged day… I can totally picture your daughter trying to rip her doll in half as that is exactly something my dd4 would do… Welcome back! We’ve missed you and we care to hear the rest of your tale!!!

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Glad to see you back!

1 Like

Hooray! You are back! I checked a couple times and figured that life went on. So great to see pics of your adorable family and to hear more about your trip.

But I hope that is the last time I ever see a pic of that big sorcerer’s hat! :laughing:

1 Like

It’s true. That has got to be an instant classic. Even more so when you remember how people were pushing each other down to try to buy one!

4 Likes

Welcome back @JonMcIntosh. Nice to see you again. I hope you and your family are well. My condolences on your loss.

I’m so glad you continued the report. Again, you write so well. I know that it wasn’t the best day, but the way you tell the story had me laughing.

I love Hollywood Studios but it always seems the place where things go wrong for us too. I’m not sure why. It just turns out that way. On our very first trip, a Tropical storm came through and we braved it at Hollywood Studios. I can still remember the rivers of rain.

I love your pictures. Thanks for coming back and sharing the story.

1 Like

Guys, thanks for the warm reception. It is so good to connect again with so many of you that have become online friends. I’m so grateful for you all!

4 Likes

@Outer1, I found the link to your trip report blog and look forward to catching up.

@kristenabelle, it was so fun to read about your runDisney experiences… I think I caught some of your pics on Instagram as they were happening.

I also thought I would find a few more completed trip reports as well… ahem ahem, @JJT and @FlyerFan1973.

5 Likes

@JonMcIntosh I just caught up on your trip thus far, and I want to thank you for sharing it – even the difficult parts. Its hard to admit when you push things too far and see your own faults, but you executed the narrative beautifully and gracefully. I’m so glad you did, because it makes the rest of us crazies feel better that we’re not alone when we push our Disney planning and touring to the extremes (and irritate the rest of our families in the process!) :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear of your family’s loss, you will be in our prayers.

I recently wrote up a trip report about our family’s first trip (well, my 3 DD’s first trip) to WDW from September, I’m sure you’ll appreciate it if you have time to go read it. My girls were 6, 5 and 3 at the time. My DD3 pulled a lot of the same attitude as your Vera. She refused to smile or pose for photos and we had to bribe her most of the trip with food and souvenirs. But she also had a blast and talks about it to this day.

Looking forward to hearing more, I do hope you finish up your report. And I hope you’re saving a copy of the report somewhere for yourself so you can go back and remember these times in 5, 10, 15 years from now!

1 Like