The return of Mickey's No-So-Scary Halloween Party is official, now called Disney After Hours Boo Bash

This is a HUGE question mark for me.

2 Likes

Maybe those of us that will be there at that time can coordinate information and planning as we get closer. There are so many variables and possible options!!

1 Like

Touring Plans is still showing fairly low crowd calendar for the week I am going on my trip (Oct 23-31).

Most everybody I chat with is expecting very busy crowds and the resort bookings are slim pickings. @len @SteveBloom , is the official prediction from you guys that October will still be a 4-6?(not including Oct 1).

I’m excited about this being almost a truly normal vacation.

2 Likes

It’s really too early to know. The current crowd levels for October are assuming there will be parties. At MK the days with low crowd levels are the days we expect parties. Take a look at October 2019 or 2018 for a “normal” October.

3 Likes

I gotta believe both Halloween and Xmas parties will be back this year. There is so much momentum with decreased COVID restrictions across the country in the past two weeks. These parties are going to happen, I’d bet my fav disney pin on it.

I thought masks might be around until 2022, no way they stay that long. We are vaccinating enough people and numbers are dropping fast nationwide. This summer capacity will be up, distancing will be down and a lot of attractions and restaurants will be reopening. This is officially the beginning of the end of COVID-19. Disney needs the parks to be profitable sooner rather than later. The path to that is obviously more capacity and more offerings like the parties. They aren’t recalling all the cast members and college program kids to stand around. Get ready for more normal WDW, because it is coming and soon.

2 Likes

Thank you @MagicFinder

4 Likes

This year’s event is called boo bash, and it will run from 9PM to midnight, with guests entering as early as 7 PM. No pricing yet, but guests with resort reservations will have first crack at ticket purchase. Event runs from 8/10-10/31. APRs not needed.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours-boo-bash/?CMP=ILC-DPFY21Q3wo0506210032A

9 Likes

It’s basically DVAH, but not as good because there won’t be the stage shows, which were the real highlight for me. But plus candy, so, you know.

Fascinated to see the pricing. And how frequently they run it / how much they eat into people’s MK plans.

3 Likes

So a scaled down Not So Scary. Kinda what was expected. Hopefully there are fireworks though by then

2 Likes

Very curious what a scaled down MNSSHP ticket will cost :laughing:

Ain’t gonna be surprised when Bobby “The Goon” Chapek’s team makes it more expensive than the last full ones were.

6 Likes

Facts. But people will still pay, so…

1 Like

Yep. People are starving for Disney right now so they know we’ll pay (not “we” as in me - I’m not going to be there during those dates, but “we” as in the collective)

1 Like

Yes, they’re even calling it an after hours event on the blog.

1 Like

I might be there in September on a solo trip - but I doubt I’ll do it.

1 Like

As a TA, you really should do it, Purely For the Sake Of Research

4 Likes

I’m in! I love after hours events of any kind. They help me squeeze more things in on my quick 3 day trips. I love the calvalcades as well and think that will be so much better than the planned parades that made getting around during the parties difficult. Plus hopefully we get to see all the rare fun characters without having to wait in an hour long line like the seven dwarves!

2 Likes

:wink::+1:

1 Like

So, for previous years with after hour events, is MK still considered a lower crowd on the day of the party? I know the dates haven’t been released yet; but one of my MK days, TP guessed it could be a party day.

I am hoping they have one scheduled on 10/2 as that was my planned day in MK anyway.

Still trying to figure out what the anniversary weekend will look like with all these special events!!