To all who are going to try and get Magic Keys tomorrow, may the servers and Disney IT be with you! I am going to wait, but I will be anxiously awaiting your feedback!
I’m not sure what I am going to do yet. I have a 3 day park hopper, unused but valid, and would like to upgrade it. But this info in the announcement made me question if it is doable from the app:
My ticket is not partially used. They don’t say what to do with a unused ticket.
I don’t think I’m going to get one this time around. We likely wouldn’t get our money’s worth. Maybe next year!
Karen, have the same question. What they said makes it seem like you can’t upgrade unused tickets. I hope that’s not the case.
It wasn’t clear at all! I don’t even know which pass I want…keep changing my mind. It’s hard because of the blackout dates in December that we are planning to be there. Not sure how it will all play out yet. We will see what happens in the morning and whether or not a button magically appears to let me upgrade.
I am in no rush to hurry and get one either. Maybe before our trip in December. I haven’t decided. I might just do the after hours parties and then randomly get the So Cal 3 day tickets when they drop.
I know I am getting the Dream Key as I have a trip
Scheduled in October, November, January, April, June and July. I just not sure “when”
I feel for all those CMs working tomorrow. I know some guests will flip out when told no or when they don’t get their way about something.
I love the part about buying the ticket for the amount that you want to put down! That is a great work around.
Thanks for posting this. Now to decide what to do.
I have been checking periodically, so thank you. Even though I am not buying today. I want to look and see, if I can.
Looks like everyone will need to invest in an extra battery charger for their phones now! All this on your phone business.
I am planning on upgrading my ticket to a Magic Key (just Enchant level as it works for my planned trips). I thought I would have to go to the ticket booth.
So I guess I shouldn’t be shocked that I was trying to look at the Magic Key Enchant blockout calendar and the pages will not load!
I’m definitely getting a Magic Key but probably not today. I have a partially used 2-day ticket for my daughter and me. I just need to upgrade before Sunday (my reservation day). I’m thinking about skipping my Sunday reservation since it will probably be packed! Still very happy I went when I did since it was one of the slow times before the Keys and we had a great day!
What Keys are you getting? Is everyone who is local getting the Dream Key? I’m planning on getting the Believe Key for us and will upgrade if we have family who really wants to go during Christmas week. My DH didn’t want to spend the money since he probably won’t go every time so I will see for him. Maybe get him an Enchant Key if needed.
My daughter goes to college in Redlands so can get the Imagine Key. I think we will do that for her as we’ve already covered at least half the cost with the ticket we bought for this coming weekend. She just needs to go a few days before she graduates in April to make it worthwhile. I’m getting Enchant because it works for the three trips I have planned, and if I do anything spur of the moment, I’ll just have to deal with the blockouts.
I wish we could do the Imagine or Enchant but I like to take work off when she is out of school (the week before Thanksgiving, etc.) so she isn’t just lounging in front of the TV while I work at home. This will be something fun we can do together while DH is at work. It is a lot of money though!
Yes, I was very happy to see that my planned trips are open on the calendar! I would have had to make a hard choice about buying tickets vs. a Magic Key if they weren’t.