May the Fourth 2022

Thank you so much for the great data! If it weren’t extended evening hours I wouldn’t even consider doing MK that day. We have a split stay with 3 nights at a deluxe- so that’s the only extended evening we can do.

I got admit it’s beyond me.

On the 3rd people aren’t going to MK because it’s a short day. CL 2
That I get.

So where are they going?
Apparently where they’re going is forward in time to the next day.

Because on the 3rd, when MK is 2, the other parks are… 4s and 5s.
Pretty much like they are on the 4th when MK rockets to 10.

So Great Scott, the only displacement of these guests is temporal.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the wait times forecast per ride for those days? May 3 is predicted to be a 2 and May 4 a 10, but the attraction wait times are nearly identical. This can’t be accurate?

Can you send a link to where you find the “attraction wait times forecast” that you’re referring to?
My guess is that those will be updated but haven’t yet. Because, as far as I understand it, the “Crowd Calendar Level” really is based on overall projected wait times.

Woah… you pointed out something very important. The May 4, 2022 extended evening hours is something that separates this year from the example I gave from 2018. Maybe that would be enough to make May 4th a 10 rather than a 7 or 8 like in 2018.

1 Like

Just the past few weeks, the two cast member appreciation events (for 2020 and 2021) were both postponed from their previous dates (Jan 25 and Feb 8) due to bad/cold weather. Those were on Tuesdays. You can see what the MK CL was around those original dates. The MK CL was 10,1,7 for Mon-Tues-Wed in January, and 10,1,10 for Mon-Tues-Wed in February. Even though the CM events were postponed, the park still closed early, and people stayed away - but sure hit it hard on the days before and after. I think the second attempts this spring will have similar results.

1 Like

Brilliant! These data points are very helpful. Especially because the day after both of those two MK early closings (Jan 26th and Feb 9th) were also MK Extended hours, so that gives us more of an apples-to-apples comparison for what to expect May 2 - 4.

January 26 was an overall DisneyWorld 6 AND was Extended Evening Hours. Yet MK was only a 7. Not bad. However…

February 9 was an overall DisneyWorld 7, and Extended Hours, which made MK a 10.

1 Like