May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Not this time! My in laws have a crazy tradition of doing a day trip to the beach from Phoenix. They leave at 3am, stay at the beach from 9am-3pm, then drive home! When I joined the family, I did that once with them then Noped! myself into a hotel room every time since. So we do it as a one night there-and-back trip.

8 Likes

My Anne Sand Witch with a jam sandwich.

21 Likes

That is really crazy!

3 Likes

Thanks for giving us more DD2 pics! We were starting to have withdrawal :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

She’s so cute!

That’s a crazy road trip for a single day. I probably would have done it in my youth. Do you take I-8 instead of I-10?

We are in AZ while you’re in CA. Spent yesterday in Scottsdale but now down at my dad’s in Cochise county. :desert: :sun_behind_small_cloud:

5 Likes

Yeah we take I-8. It’s 5.5 hours with no traffic. We made it in ~6 last night including stops for gas and dinner. Not gonna lie, California stresses me out, but the beach is divine!

Enjoy your stay in Arizona! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

4 Likes

I want her.

I’ll PM you my address. Ship her immediately

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(You know, at various times I would have taken you up on that offer for one or more of my kids, but never this one. She is just too darn cute. And rarely has moods. I don’t know how we got so lucky.)

11 Likes

We were at the beach yesterday too! Except, we were on the opposite coast at Hilton Head island!

7 Likes

That’s my favorite beach! We go every other year with my parents, who own Marriott vacation club there.

6 Likes

My in laws live here so we are visiting for the week, which really means a bonus vacation!

3 Likes

We made it back safely last night. There was a huge downpour as we drove through the mountains outside San Diego. Visibility was reduced to about 50 feet. I was driving like it was a school zone and eventually pulled over along with many others until the worst of it passed. I even saw a lightning bolt strike about 50 yards in front of me - the thunder was immediate and deafening! Glad to be home.

A couple more pics of my goofy kids:

20 Likes

Such cuteness!!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Love the sandy cuteness! Glad you made it home safe.

5 Likes

Wow! Such cute kids!

5 Likes

Bet that juice pouch tasted a little crunchy! :laughing:

3 Likes

That lightning strike had to be terrifying, for everyone. I’m so sorry, but thankfully you’re al back home and safe. Wow.

Seriously adorable kiddos. You guys capture their personalities so well in each shot.

4 Likes

Ok I know this is very late, but I finally finished the video slideshow for our family trip to WDW in May/June of 2021. :joy: It’s 30 minutes long, but it’s got a killer soundtrack (of Disney tunes, of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) so, I don’t know, maybe some of you are bored and would enjoy it? Here you go …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW21BIjGwR0

13 Likes

Ugh…JeffAZ is forcing us to look at pictures of his adorable family again? Fine, I’ll do it, but only because it is lunch time. :heart:
(Yay for giving me other things to do now that the epic liner meetup has wound down)

ETA: This soundtrack is excellent! Do you do a slideshow for every family vacay?

8 Likes

Thank you for posting this!! I missed this trip report, so I think I’ll read it first before watching the video.

7 Likes