May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

DD7’s birthday was two days before our trip. My gift to her was a date to any restaurant or ice cream parlor of her choosing. She chose Dunkin’ Donuts!

27 Likes

Good choice!

Years ago I went to Phoenix with a group of friends. I lived in the LA area at the time and there were no Dunkin’s in SoCal at that time. One of our group was originally from Boston. Guess who knew that the closest Dunkin to SoCal at that time was Phoenix and made sure we made a road trip over there? :joy:

4 Likes

My FIL made these using that Pixarify app that’s going around. I think DS’s looks a little creepy but they sure are fun! :joy:

17 Likes

That’s pretty cool! Yeah ds looks a little… maniacal?

4 Likes

This.
We are very much of this mindset. We choose to live very simply for the most part so that we have more disposable income to buy memories. (We only have one car, can you believe it?!?)
When I’m dead and gone, my kids are not going to want my TV’s, my by then outdated furniture, or my collection of whatever it is old ladies collect. They’re going to want the photos of the times we shared, the memories made.

7 Likes

My funeral wish is my closest surviving family to take my ashes somewhere cool as a family vacation and spread them there so they get a vacation out of it.

6 Likes

Just make sure it isn’t the Haunted Mansion! They hate that! :joy:

6 Likes

I mean it could save them on their daily dusting…or reverse dusting.

Plus they’re looking for number 1000 right? :wink:

5 Likes

My sister was on this ride once when someone tried that. They can see VERY well in the dark. They had to evacuate the whole ride and treat it like a biohazard. Ride was closed for hours.

3 Likes

I got a bit tearful reading your trip summary … thank you so much for the detailed and organized review. Very helpful.
(And oh… what a beautiful family!)

6 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

It took 12 days for this to ship home from BCV:

I’ve got the kids while DW is out for the evening. Why not have a frosty and fries for dinner*? :rofl:

*They already had ramen at home. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

I approve this madness! (On the condition the fries are being dipped in the frostys, of course…)

5 Likes

Does it have the same magical feeling that it did at Galaxy’s Edge? (The lightsaber, not the Frosty)

4 Likes

Wouldn’t you know it - they are! :wink:

Well, my house is not as magical as Galaxy’s Edge, but the lightsaber definitely still holds its power. :star_struck:

9 Likes

That light saber has a very cool, “other worldly” ,mesmerizing glow to it.

I was expecting a child’s plastic light up saber and this is definitely not that!!

Very cool and congratulations.

Also, seriously, can those kids GET any cuter?!? Your family is the absolute cutest… (don’t tell my family).

4 Likes

Your son is your mini me! I approve of the frosty/fry combo. Yum!

6 Likes

This weekend we are at a cabin a couple hours out of town for some good ol’ R&R in the wilderness! Kids love it. Me … not a big wilderness guy. But I appreciate it in small doses. For the kids. :wink:

18 Likes

Which mountains? Are you up by flagstaff or Prescott? AZ is the prettiest state.

One week and I’ll be sitting by my niece’s pool in Scottsdale!

Those kids! So cute. You’re a lucky dad this Father’s Day weekend!

5 Likes

We’re on the Mogollon Rim east of Payson. It’s a popular area but less so than Flagstaff or Prescott.

Don’t I know it! :heart:

5 Likes