May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I love them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

I found 13 but can’t see him in the boat picture. What am I missing?

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Keep looking. I’m dropping the answers tomorrow.

4 Likes

This was me after you deleted your comment :rofl::
S5hynOBAVO6F7LBc0F

2 Likes

Ok @feep that was a fun scavenger hunt. I found all 14. I think my favorite was Oga’s but also loved the friendship boat.

Also I stared at the longest time at the photo of the Kudu before I gave up and later got all 14 anyway.

Hint: I searched this thread for posts by @feep. I discovered that the ones he modified start with a string of letters and numbers corresponding to the image file he modified. Images he did not modify do not have such a leading text string.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I’m also about as subtle as a trombone.

You were brilliant in your distraction comments, by the way! I would have been like “Hey! I like that apple on that guys plate…I like apples!”

3 Likes

Just absolutely loved this trip report. The two weeks were so well planned :blush:, everyday seemed like a blast! Who is going next? Thanks again.

2 Likes

That was the difficult one! Keep looking!

2 Likes

We have landed in Phoenix. :cactus::desert::sunny::dromedary_camel:

(This is Camelback Mountain, for those unfamiliar with this city.)

15 Likes

That’s real pretty!

Thinking of AZ as a plan B for a cruise I have booked in case it doesn’t go. May need local input/insight.

4 Likes

I’m happy to say I will be there (AZ) in just three weeks!

6 Likes

I’d be glad to help if it comes to that! Hoping your cruise can go forward though. :crossed_fingers:

Have a great time! I know you are familiar with the area but all the same, I’m sorry for the heat we will likely be experiencing when you’re here.

6 Likes

I know! I would prefer a little later in summer in hopes of monsoons. But I will deal with heat to see my family! :sunny:

5 Likes

I love search and finds! Which is ironic, because I am the least observant person I know :joy:! Got all 14!

4 Likes

Thank you for the lovely trip report, I can’t believe it’s over already! You have such a beautiful family!

4 Likes

While I’m waiting for baggage claim, it’s a good time to report that we only lost a child once on this trip. DS9 got separated from us in the gift shop after FEA. We all exited but him and realized he wasn’t with us.

Thankfully he remembered what we taught him and went to talk to the nearest cast member in the store. By that point DW was back to the store and a CM helped them get connected. Phew! Glad it didn’t happen to a little one.

21 Likes

Thank you for such an awesome trip report. Really enjoyed following along, your kids a beyond cute and truly makes me miss when my kids were that age. I am going to miss checking in to see what you and family were up. At least I can look forward to being there myself on Wednesday.

12 Likes

When I was about his age, my family abandoned me in a South Carolina strip mall.

OK, maybe not on purpose.
But i guess I got separated from my mom and walked out when she walked in.
Unbeknownst to me, my dad had driven the car over to a service station.
So yeah.
From my POV, my whole family was nowhere in sight.

Being an intrepid 9 year old I did the smart thing: I started walking back to our hotel.
OK not smart but I was walking in the right direction.

Got as far as a service station and the attendant took me inside, treated me to a frosty Coke and called the local constabulary.
That got me a ride in the front seat of a police car!
Luckily my teenage sister had stayed at the hotel so she took custody of me.

Good times!

13 Likes