May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

:astonished::astonished: sheesh, I have my work cut out for me!!

4 Likes

It’s just a big time suck. And I always hate our family being split up. But I agree that it does work out well for the older siblings/more daring kids in the party getting to ride multiple times and only waiting in line once.

7 Likes

Omg I am crying laughing finding all of these. You are amazing! I don’t even know which is my favorite. Maybe the reflection in the glass with the dinos. Or BTMRR. Or Ogas. Seriously the best surprise in a looooooong time! Also the comment with the DS pic… how did we not get it??

8 Likes

I’ve got 12 now…

5 Likes

We wrapped up our morning with Carousel of Progress - a fun little jog back through the last century. I love the Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow song. The attraction is outdated in many ways, but still worth checking out.

We went back to the room and packed up at around 10am, were out of the room right at 11am checkout time. Dropped off our bags at Bell Services and are now at lunch at Contempo Cafe. We arrived here just before 11:30am, which is when breakfast changes over to lunch, so we were able to do two mobile orders before and after the cutoff. The two older girls wanted Mickey waffles, everyone else wanted lunch food.

25 Likes

DS! What a ham! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I’ve found all 14, one was particularly difficult!

9 Likes

I was so excited! And then I felt like the person that yelled SURPRISE 45 seconds before everyone else!

It was such a fun time, and I’m sorry I almost spoiled the fun. :yellow_heart: I get so excited when I spot things “first”. I blame Waldo.

You both were brilliant in keeping it going. Thank you!

6 Likes

… and WDW’s rider swap is far superior to UOR’s. My youngest was not excited to wait through long lines so he could wait some more in a room while we all got to have fun.

So much more interesting for non-riders to be able to enjoy something else and not just waiting.

3 Likes

That is an interesting perspective because I prefer UOR’s. I hate that WDW doesn’t let you bring a child under the height limit into the line. When I took my kids solo in December that kept my older kids from being able to ride FOP as they are old enough to ride alone without me while I waited with my youngest but not old enough for me to be ok with them waiting in line for 30 minutes alone.

3 Likes

Please don’t leave!!!

12 Likes

I was a little worried for a second LOL

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: Still internally cringing at that.

1 Like

You could always pull a Bubblez and delete it :joy:

I kid. I kid. :wink:
I tease in friendship.

6 Likes

Did you see how fast I deleted the original comment!? I was, ahem, still feeling the affects of the previous night too. I had to wait to play until the room stopped spinning.

5 Likes

I feel the same way. I’m having a little anxiety knowing that I will be going through withdrawal these next few days. Thank you @Jeff_AZ for bringing us along (and for introducing us to your adorable family)! Seriously… that DD2 tho :joy:

6 Likes

I feel strange feeling sad about someone else’s trip ending, as if it was me/mine. :crazy_face: Sooo it’s nice to hear others have similar feelings

6 Likes

Wow just missed you again. We were at chef Mickey’s from 1130 to 1230!

12 Likes

I think we all feel it! I think I might cry!

8 Likes

Ok I’ll cry with you :sob: I hate the last day :sob:

7 Likes