May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Thanks!

2 Likes

Will they let you on the bus without the paper these days? If you call, how do you get it?

1 Like

You can call same day for a ressie. I know others here have needed to do that with last minute trip changes. I’m not sure how they validate it.

2 Likes

I’ve always been able to get the front desk to print mine out. Even with last minute changes.

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous. I’m gonna cry.

4 Likes

Ok, O will be doing this again in two weeks. The last three times I have stopped at the desk the night I check in/the night before DME and they had my envelop there.

I was wondering if I could do something else.

1 Like

We were at BOG from 530 to 630ish. Guess we just missed you.

13 Likes

They may very well have it there already. But if its in question it doesn’t hurt to call. And I don’t know if Jeff is alone with the two littles - he may not want to go to the desk at the moment, but still get the information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! We were in the Rose Room I think they called it. It was a good choice since it was relatively secluded but also bright and upbeat.

I called and got my time. I haven’t checked with the front desk about my paper. However, when I checked in at MCO, I just gave them my name and confirmation number. I had printed out my email from home (since I had changed some details after getting the official mailed copy) and I don’t think they really cared. I do have a similar email for my departure if needed.

5 Likes

We had an exciting last day! Checking out of one hotel and into another wasn’t too disruptive. We accomplished everything we needed to today. Everyone other than me has ridden Big Thunder Mountain at least once - I’ll try to catch it tomorrow if there’s time and if it is open!

We managed to go almost the full two weeks in Florida without rain significantly impacting our plans. It rained moderately only a couple of times and it was at times when we weren’t outside. So we were due for one disruptive rain storm - our luck just happened to run out on the last full day! But it’s part of the experience. Hopefully our Arizona bred kids will remember what real rain looks like. (Poor DD2 has lived most of her life in a drought - almost no monsoons last summer - so she has seen very little rain).

Tomorrow we will rope drop Magic Kingdom, check out, and head to MCO in the afternoon for an early evening departure. It’s not quite over yet!

Good night!

20 Likes

It’s probably too late to ask this question but does anyone have any recent intel on which rides are open at rope drop? Specifically we’re focusing on Tomorrowland tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

“Alright y’all got the official list of what opens early from a helpful employee. BTMR, pirates, Pan, 7dmt, space and that’s it”

this is from @gingerSnaps543222 in her live trip report

8 Likes

:rofl: we had the same thought

2 Likes

LOL…I’m always too slow:)

2 Likes

We almost posted at the same time. :crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

My husband is Arab so English speakers generally have to make about three passes before they get it right. Anytime he has to use a name for something, like Starbucks or a restaurant reservation etc, he uses my very easy to pronounce name, even when I’m not around. I think he used it once when he was out with a few other Arab friends without me. Glad that my having such a basic name comes in handy for him!

4 Likes

Jeff, I don’t want you to go home!! :pleading_face::sob::cry:

12 Likes

Is it a thing where you can just live at WDW and magically have enough money to stay in the hotels, eat the food, and ride the rides without going broke? If so, I’m in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

We did all of them yesterday. Buzz, Astro orbiter, TTA, space, CoP, speedway

ETA: TTA took a bit to open

2 Likes

Will you let me know how that goes? Personally, I would not try to get on the bus from the resort without the paper (they need it for payment there and I like at the airport it is only a driver on the way home). I have seen they refuse people in the past. Although I don’t think they tried the email.

3 Likes