May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Ds15 is Benjamin. When my FIL & StepMIL met him for the first time FIL called him Benji. I shut it down immediately. Told him that he could call him Ben, Benny, or Benjamin …but not Benji.

FIL said, well you can’t control what other’s call him and I said we definitely could control that and would. He then countered with other kids in school calling him Benji and us having no say in it. I shared that he would be old enough at that point to correct anyone who didn’t say his name as he wanted to.

At this point, dear sweet StepMIL stepped in and told FIL that he would call his grandson by the correct name or answer to her. :rofl:

FIL never called him Benji again!

7 Likes

The railroad is what ds and I did when dd and dh were riding Splash and BTMRR. It was one of his favorite things as a toddler/pre-schooler.

2 Likes

Confirmed. Spotted them in the Poly gift shop this morning while waiting for our MO. (I’ll need to try one at some point, but not a whole box…yet, anyway!)

8 Likes

did you remove the greens or did you ask them to? (from chix waffle)

1 Like

Little DD2 was doing so well with her chocolate milk. I would constantly tell her “hold it with two hands and don’t tip it!” (She had a straw.) Then at the very end of lunch, she was getting down to the end of the chocolate milk. I turned away to throw away the trash. Then I felt a splash at my feet. She had tipped it trying to get it up the straw. :joy::joy::joy: Chocolate milk all over her shirt and skirt. Oh well - it will dry pretty fast out here!

Posted wait is 60 min, TP says 40 min expected. I like this ride, but not enough to wait 60 min. We are doing it mostly since it’s a favorite of DW’s.

17 Likes

Big Thunder Mountain has been down all morning. Did I miss something? The refurb isn’t until June 7th -12th right?

2 Likes

Correct.

I hope it comes up for you! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

We always seem to wait longer than the posted time there, good luck!

2 Likes

The MO has a customization option to delete the slaw or have it on the side.

4 Likes

At least we are under the shade now! It was super hot in the sun for a bit. I wouldn’t mind waiting now.

3 Likes

Sorry I missed this question! @amvanhoose_701479 is correct. Most mobile order items have the option to modify the toppings and sides.

4 Likes

We could have sat there for Snack #2 on Monday but it was mostly in the sun and the family vetoed the idea. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Why have I never noticed this ?!? bah

TY you both!

3 Likes

I love how you number your snack events! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

There are also tables behind the Christmas shop that are a little more roomy, but obviously can also be taken by others. It’s tough to get a decent table these days!

4 Likes

Yes, that’s where we ended up for both Snack #1 and Shack #2 and there was shade.

3 Likes

FWIW, you are going to be one of the first to see a new updated scene. WDW change one scene overnight last night.

6 Likes

I heard that! We’ll keep our eyes out.

Wait was 45 min.

14 Likes

Jeff, I have a new business for you. You have four utterly adorable children of various ages . . . can you just rent us our favorite age for a few days, to run around Disney with? For instance, 4 is my absolute favorite. I haven’t had access to a 4 year old for a while, and who knows if I ever will again. I just want to borrow one for day or two . . . . .

:wink: I promise I’ll give them back.

10 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes