May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Am I wrong?
If I’m wrong, please don’t tell me, okay??

4 Likes

I’m not going to comment. I’m just shocked you went there!!

8 Likes

TWSS. :rofl:
Why is it telling me this isn’t a sentence?

4 Likes

Please.

Do you even know me?

And @Jeff_AZ totally set it up - I had to go for it.

4 Likes

all caps are flagged as “not a sentence”

2 Likes

Just seeing a pic of that monstrosity is making me nauseated. So glad we get a pretty ornately accented castle for 50.

5 Likes

:smirk:

5 Likes

I have discovered something while riding Soarin’. There are 11 seats in row 1, 10 in row 2, and 7 in row 3. If you are a party of 6-7, you are virtually guaranteed to get row 3. It has happened for us both times, even though that was not the next row available.

Thankfully it doesn’t bother me too much. :slight_smile: But I’m riding Rider Swap with DSIL and DS and we were assigned row 1, albeit C1, but toward the middle at least.

5 Likes

Here are the pics that were supposed to upload with that last post. Soarin’ is a wifi dead zone.

We’re now snacking on Mickey pretzels in the Land pavilion. The pretzels are sold at an umbrella outside.

24 Likes

If you’re outside in the next hour look up:

the SpaceX Falcon9 CRS22 launch. Window: 1:24 - 1:34 PM.

edited: look to the east

8 Likes

Cool! My kids would love that.

5 Likes

That’s who I was thinking of :wink: I’ll keep an eye on my notifications b/c the sky is darkening on my side of the peninsula… that can mean a delay or cancellation :frowning:

2 Likes

For those who can’t see it live

Webcast will start 30 minutes before liftoff

5 Likes

That’d be cool to see!

A few nights ago, we all went outside and watched the ISS “streak” across the sky. (Not really streak…but it was moving more than 4 miles per second, so…) It took about 6 minutes from the time we were caught a glimpse of it in the west to finally pass below the horizon in the east.

5 Likes

T 20 minutes

1 Like

Cool website from NASA

3 Likes

Does TT automatically shut down if there is any rain at all? Or just in heavy rain? Just bracing myself as there is a chance of rain this hour and we are in line, getting close. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well…it can shut down if you look at it wrong, so…not sure what to say.

5 Likes

Lol :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

We got passes to ride Tuesday night because we were evacuated off. Still haven’t been able to use them yet. I know all too well.

4 Likes

It’s a Chris Day miracle! (Borrowing @amvanhoose_701479’s holiday since I don’t have one :joy:). The rain held back long enough for us to wait an hour to ride Test Track.

Plus, I was able to get GS to switch my anytime FP we got when three of us were evacuated from TT on Tuesday night to today, then we got rider swap passes for three others. So six of us were able to ride a 2nd time. (DW waited with DD2 the first time and DSIL waited the second time). No delays! Hooray!

Now our day at Epcot is coming to a close and we will take an afternoon break before date night.

Just met up with DSIL and DD2 in Epcot Experience. DD2 needed a hug. Cute pictures first. :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pleading_face:

38 Likes